1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can't we all just get along?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Klorox, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Is there any way (without cheating) to have Keldorn adn Viconia in the party together?

What about Minsc and Edwin?

2. Evil Eye Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yes. There are some mods you can get from Sorcerers Place that give you a 'happy' group. Look around.

3. Klorox

I should have been more clear, I apologize.

I consider downloading a mod cheating. Not all mods, mind you, just the mods that break the rules that were meant to be there. I like mods that implement the Elves' resistance to sleep/charm spells, for example.

4. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I can't vouch for Minsc and Edwin, but I was able to keep Keldorn and Viconia in my party through all of SoA. (I don't think anyone fights to the death in ToB.) I think the fallings-out are random. Twice or thrice when I loaded the game, bam!, they'd be at each others' throats. But then if I restored again, they were at peace. Sure, lots of minor squabbling, but no violence. So you can probably keep the peace with judicious reloading.

But I don't know if you'd consider the occasional reload "cheating".

5. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I heard that having a high charisma helps in these situations. So try boosting your charisma...maybe with the ring of human influence?

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

There was a thread by Extremist a while ago about Mazing one of your NPCs once they come to blows. Keldorn is the natural one to Maze here, since he has the lower Magic Resistance.

Or you could just get Happy Party.

7. Drithyin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i remember them breaking away and fighting and somehow i go them to rejoin my party before they killed each other. They would break away again and try to fight, so had to keep telling them to rejoin until somehow i got them to calm down and stop attacking.

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Happy Party causes some major problems. I wouldn't bother with it.

Personally I thought it was kind of funny when Viccy killed Keldorn, but if you want to avoid the fight then maze one of them.

9. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

High charisma could help?

23 did not.

10. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How did you get 23? I could never get over 18... with the ring...

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @Klorox

You should read my NPC guide posted here at SP. Reloading will always get you to avoid a fight between Viconia and Keldorn. In fact, the odds of them actually coming to blows with one another are rather remote. In fact, the person Keldorn is most likely to fight is not Viconia, but Anomen if he fails his test. Chances are, you can go through the entire game and they won't fight.

12. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

18 Char : Ring of Human Influence (Circus tent :loot)
    +2 Char : Blade of Roses (Copper Coronet :buy )
    +2 Char : Nymph Cloak (Mae'Var's GuildHouse :buy)
    +1 Char : Helm of ... (Unseeing Eye Quest :reward)
    --
    23 Char :) while still in Athkathla.

13. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

IIRC, the helm is not a reward for the Unseeing Eye quest, but one of the quests you get after completing the Unseeing Eye quest.

14. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I don't know for sure if high charisma helps...I've just heard from other people that it does. Though it makes sense to me :confused: If you have high charisma you'd be an excellent leader, able to put fights to rest within your party.

15. Klorox

I have read it. I love it and refer to it often. Awesome job!

ON EDIT: PLEASE don't suggest any cheats for me! I asked this in the initial post!

16. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Didn't work in my game, Aldeth.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.