1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Final battle (spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sol'torg, Nov 20, 2000.

1. Sol'torg Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I just finished killing Irenicus and I have to say he was easy! I killed him on only my first try, and practically did all the fighting with just my Lv. 17 Cavalier. All in all I expected him to be much harder. Did anyone else find this battle so easy?

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

the harders part of the final battle is his friends. but if you got a 17 level caviler you can take em alone...

3. Kermit Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] No, REALLY not easy, and I'd love to know how it was easy for you! I can kill all the deamons with no problem and the 1st slayer. The hidden enshouded slayer sneaks off and regenerates like mad untill all of my characters die. What am I doing wrong?? HELP!

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Playing a lvl-17 cavalier vs Irenicus I found it to be pretty easy too ... the demons are a piece of cake (and these hell-monsters are killed easily with sunray) - Irenicus who was delayed a bit by summoned monsters so I fought him after killing the puni demons ... I hope the demon lord in ToB will be more of a challenge :D

5. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I killed all demons and the first slayer and then I couldn't see anyone anymore! So I could save the game, (which is now after the final save!!!).
    Then I started to look around and saw the slayer. I ran to him with myself, Minsc Keldorn and Jaheira, but they couldn't hit him. I used rubyray of reversal, but it didn't had any effect, so I thought: "geez, now I'm finally going to die" but then I used breach, and al of the slayers protections were gone! So Aerie and Nalia started casting magic missile, fire arrow, melf's acid arrow etc. and my fighters began to kick his ass. He was dead in no time, very very easy!
    BTW, my computer can't show the movies I have, is there a patch to that, because I could only see a little part of the end-movie, when it crashed, leaving me with my hands in my hair, because now I couldn't find out what the gods had said about me!

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well try a higher difficulty or a smaller party next time, that makes it all a lot harder.

7. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Jon Irenicus is a mutch bigger threat in the elven city then in hell in his slayer form.
    Fight Slayer with Slayer, change into the slayer form and tear poor Joneleth apart!!! :mad:
    EASY it was...

8. ayecapitan Guest

Methinks the level 17 cavalier had the Holy Avenger in his hot little hands, the wapon that strikes through the improved mantle :)

9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] It depends. I think the dragon fights are tougher.

I just finished the game with my soloing Wizard Slayer and the most dangerous thing in the last battle was Irenicus' Maze spells. The demons can do serious damage but are not very hard to kill at that high level so dispose of those first.

10. Avooch Dar Guest

oh wait a minute.
    How long ago did ou start that game???!!!!
    I know it is totally possible to go through the game without dying once and with a wizard slayer (why don't you try a shapeshifter next time) because i have done a similar feat myself.
    But personally i don't think you had enough time physically to comlete it in a couple of days. Four explanations:

You started much ealier than you said you did.

You went the quick way through everything and did not sleep for a couple of days.

You have done it before.

You are lying.

Which one please tell me. I am not accusing you of anything it just seems a little weird thats all.

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

A little bit off-topic but I think he played many hours aday. And don;t forget that when you play solo you have lot's of questst you don't have to do (for you are soon enough maxed out on XP, don't need some items etc.) So the game can end very quick.

12. Avooch Dar Guest

actually i have to admit that i am going pretty fast as i am tending to skip quite a bit.

13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Gloin Bonehead's adventure took 4-5 days and I played an estimated 6-10 hours a day.

The speed with which I solo'd with Gloin the Wizard Slayer surprised me too.
    Sure Gloin died on me. Several times in fact. Except for on a couple of times it was because I pushed him for one more battle when he should have slept instead. I recall four deaths that was not caused by simple carelessness: one against a dragon when he was simply overpowered, two cases when he got hit by a Maze spell and once very early when a kobold shaman got in a Hold Person on him and the kobolds slaughtered him! :eek:

As Headbanger correctly assumed I rushed through many quests. Other quests you'd normally do - for the great loot if nothing else - I did not do.
    An example is Firkraag's dungeon. Having played it many times before I did it in roughly 20 minutes. I didn't fight the undeads, Samia's party or kill Firkraag, because all I wanted was the key Tazok had - and of course to free Garren's daughter. Remember the orc archers at start of 2nd level? They still live! Why should Gloin bother with them? They didn't have the key or the kidnap victim he wanted. :)

This afternoon I started playing at 2 PM having just arived in Suldanesselar (start of Ch 7) and about three hours later I finished the game.

I have a few saves and screenshots which I'd be happy to post for download. Just let me know and I'll upload some.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.