1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unlimited Xp

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by GOD, Nov 28, 2000.

1. GOD Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Any suggestions on how to get more XP?? So far, I can only think of 2 places. One in Irenicus Dungeon wt the Memphit portals but the 420XP/creature is too small to be bothered. The other one in Underdark where you can continuously kill re-spawn elementals for 7000XP each (before you free the wizard).

2. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

And of course you could always gate in a pit fiend or two. Since you are mentioning Underdark there is a mindflayer spawning in their cave. But why bother, you get enough XP just playing the game.

3. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I agree. There is no need to have to keep pumping out experience points. If you're going to waste your time sitting on your ass doing that, you may as well just use Shadowkeeper and boost your experience with that. While you're at it, since you need experience for whatever reason, you should bump up your attributes to 25, your THAC0 to -25 and your HP to 65535.

Syl...

4. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hey God,

Those elemental portals in the underdark have a limited supply (10 or so elementals each) The funny thing is that after you kill them all, you can still see large shadowy shapes through the portal.

5. GOD Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] The problem is that I am replaying the game wt a multi-class character. It takes a while to level up. I need all the XP I can take.

6. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] GOD needs XP ???????????????????????????????

Only joking. 2 questions for GOD:
    Your main is a mage (or at least multi)? You haven't been already to Planar Sphere, have you?

7. Sol'Kanar Guest

If you are GOD, why don't you just use your divine powers and bump up your EXP? And also, if there is a limited supply of elementals I don't think it's too much of a waste of time to kill a few for some extra EXP

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well don't go so far as to acuse the man of cheating. He is fighting for the exp and not just typing it is on Shadow Keeper. It's in the game and I don't feel that it is taking advantage of anything(unlike the wryn and golem caves in BG1). There could can be one good reason to get experience in the Underdark: you just picked up Imoen and she needs it badly if you've already done a lot of side quests. If course you're maxing out everyone else's exp, but you can probably dismiss them and have them wait right there.

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Also, now that I've got that out of my system, something for GOD. Multiclassing in this game only serves to bring your character down. A multiclassed character will never be as good as a well done dual classed character. Dual classing is the best option unless you are triple classed. Course that's a pointless bit of info if you want to play another race than human.

10. GOD Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] It's short for GODzilla....you silly!! And a giant dinosaur does not know how to cheat!!

I multi-classed my character an elf as fighter/mage/thief wt the intention of going through the game solo. Pretty good stats you may say, STR=18/91, DEX=21, CON=17, INT=19, WIS=5, CHA=8. But, when you started up as level 5, there is no way you can get through certain stages alone. That's when I started to gather my all girls party. Call me anything you want, but GOD likes to hangout wt girls only. When I get strong enough, I'll dump all the girls (like in real life) and go solo.

11. Elenias Nal'nair Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

With these stats you can surely go through the whole game all alone. Just a little bit more challenging. But you know this, since you're GOD.

12. Jayshaw91 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] What's the big deal of the cap remover anyway? I hope this isn't a STUPID question! Do you get anything besides HP bonuses? Is the game programmed to get you the level bonuses you'd normally get?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.