1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

More to Anomen than meets the eye?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ameorn, Dec 15, 2002.

1. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hey, every time I've played BG2 I never kept Anomen after he was done with his father and he became a knight. I don't know why but there's some thing about him I don't like.
    Is there more later on in the game, like he avenges his sister or something? Or is there nothing more after he's become a knight?

(I only have him around to finish the quests for xp-points, nothing else) :p

[ December 15, 2002, 20:25: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Sojourner Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

You have to romance him to see more.

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Is it possible to make Anomen 'fallen' once he's become a knight? ie: What happens when you raid that guy's (Saerk?) estate after Anomen is knighted?

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If you do that the romance is ruined :p

If you do that after nighthood and you aren't romancing then nothing happens - except reputatrion - I think :hmm:

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If you avenge Anomen's sister's death, and kill Saerk:

Anomen will be rejected by the Paladin's Order of the Radiant Heart. Your romance should be ruined. Anomen becomes Chaotic Neutral (but he apparently is still devoted to Helm and retains all Cleric abilities). Anomen will be angry at several members, and will attack Aerie. Of course, you also get Saerk & Co.'s stuff.

If you do not avenge Anomen's sister's death, and let his father disown him:

Anomen will be accepted by the Paladin's Order of the Radiant Heart. Anomen does not become a Paladin; rather, he becomes Lawful Good and his Wisdom increases to 16. Your romance is furthered. Anomen also reconciles with Keldorn, if he argued with him previously.

Hope that helps. :)

[ December 15, 2002, 23:04: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

6. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

All true, except that if you take your revenge on Saerk before Anomen passes his test, the romance is not ruined - there is a whole set of different conversation options available after he becomes Chaotic Neutral. I'm not sure what the final outcome is, though.

7. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ok, thx for the answer Sojuorner. But I don't think I'd get that much out romancing a guy. So, I'm not gonna :D
    Really don't like that guy... anyone else who doesn't like him?

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There's a thread somewhere called Least Liked NPC. IIRC, Anomen won it.

9. Karunirin Rochambeau Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Eventually he freaks out and tries to kill you. He also attacks Aerie if she's in the party.

Anyway, I hate Anomen too. Never liked the overly pious/naive Paladin type. It never makes for a good character. That's why I never role-play paladins, because they're so tough to act out. My paladins always end up chaotic and have some strange bent. But that's just endemic of my chars.

10. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Everyone eschews anomen. I prefer him to Viconia-In my good-oriented party-because as a Dual Class he can allocate five slots to warhammer proficiency and become the hell on wheels with the Crom Faeyr. A Wis of 16 is not all that bad, and I kept him until the end, and served me well.

11. Ghost Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yukks, get this bearded guy away from me.Looooook at him... he worth a charisma of 3 (mayb lower). i totally agree with Karunirin, that naive paladin wannabe nvr owns a place in my team. He can easily replaced by other NPC. I would rather have a party of 5 then having him in my team.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.