1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Gate II

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Viper3220, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Viper3220 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Anyone know what is going on with this mod? Has anyone heard anything? If they have I'd very much like to know what's going on with this project, thank you!

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think it's still in beta - I haven't seen anything posted on it here for quite some time (and I'm sure I would have noticed).

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

A beta version of the mod has recently been released. However, its anybody's guess how long it takes before the next release.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Last I heard, Weimer gave up on it.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It's dead; been so for a few years already, which is a shame since it really would had refreshed the concept of BG2.

If it had been professional quality, that is...

6. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yes, it would either take some unexpected breakthrough in Weimer Interest or the adoption by someone qualified enough to go through the code and work out the IWD2 engine quirks to make it progress.

7. Viper3220 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I would have really loved to have played it.

8. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

What was the concept behind it?

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@Klorox

To transfer BG 2 into the IWD2 Engine with a 3rd edition overhaul to the ruleset.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Not the easiest thing to do BTW. Also, all those funny little comments that the 2e characters make in BG2 suddenly become stupid! :eek:

I really hope Weimer will decide to give IWG2 a shot of adenaline and get it living again! :rolling:

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

One man cannot hope to get a project like that through, as it would require at least 3 coding-experienced people to pull it through with decend success. You know what a pain it is to find that kind of people for free -and then KEEPING them for the whole project.

12. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I assure you, one man could easily get a project like that through if it interested him. That's the limitation with IWG2, however.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, rather sad that everyone and their grandmother are out there doing their own NPC mods (of which there are probably more by now than players), but there's not one decent mod maker that could take over a really neat project like Icewind Gate. Ah, well...

14. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Wow, having played both 2nd and 3rd edition D&D, I can understanbd why this project was never completed!

15. Godwin_Z Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

it is a problem when a man add in your party

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.