1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon hunting for Radiant Heart.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tayja, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

*Spoilers*

So, first I took care of Anarg for them.

Then I went and rescued Gerren's son *without* killing the big bad.

He said thanks, I'll put in a good word for ya back at Radiant Heart.

I go to Radiant Heart expecting to get big, beefy assignments and a secret decoder ring. Instead, they just non-chalantly brush me off.

Did I miss a step, or do something in the wrong order?

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You're apparently not a Paladin. You must be one to join the Superhero Friend Paladin Guild.

3. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

That's not the problem either. I'm an Undead Hunter. I have a 20 rep and a 20 charisma. I'm so far from Fallen I practically levitate and glow in the dark.

They still won't let me join their silly little boys club. Why don't they like me? Why? I'm cute, and I only take my PMS out on Beholders and Illithids, I swear.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31

As far as I can see, you've finished your Stronghold quest, so you should have been welcomed in the Guild. The Fallen Paladin Quest is not necessary to be in the Paladin's Order, though.

I'm just guessing there's no chemistry between you and Sir Ryan Trawl. Or maybe it's a bug.

5. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What does it say in your journal of quests about Paladin stronghold duties?

Did you go to Windspear before they told you to? I'm not sure, but you may have to wait a while, since all the other strongholds have wait time in between quests.

IIRC, there was one stronghold quest about defending some girl in the Docks district. You failed to mention this, so it seems like you did things out of order.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31

Blog: From what I can tell, Tayja hasn't been accepted into the Paladin's Guild, so there's no way she could have done the girl-in-the-Docks quest. And the Paladin's Order doesn't tell you to head to the Windspear Hills; Firkraag invites you there (in the guise of a noble).

7. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Don't kill the Red Dragon the first time you meet him if you are a Paladin!

They won't let you in then...
    You've done the final quest before you were told if you do.
    :shame:

Paladins should never kill people or dragons without direct orders!

Lawful Good and all you know...

8. Riddley Walker Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Have you spoken to Prelate Wessellan? He'll get you to go kill some Ettins in the Umar Hills, then a few other quests which are pretty simple and finally will mention Firkraag.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm, that's odd...I always kill the dragon when I first meet him and when I'm playing as a paladin I always get the stronghold. So my conclusion is that you have a bug. Go download the mod that lets you have multiple strongholds, I think it's either the Ease of Use mod, or the Tactics mod, maybe that will fix things....or you could start a new game. :rolling:

10. Sadistic Butcher Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Aces, he specifically said he didn't kill the Dragon, and even if he did, that would only mean you don't get the final quest. His problem is that he never got the stronghold in the first place!

11. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

After rechecking my notes...

Did you talk to the right person?
    You have to talk to the guy in the back room.
    He's the head of the place.
    Then you have to talk to another fellow, who doesn't appear until after you join, to get your quests.

The guy in front only gives the Fallen Paladin Quest. If this doesn't work you must have a bug...

Sorry about earlier info. My mind didn't register "without killing big bad". I have heard if you do kill him early it can bug the Stronghold quests since the final quest is to kill him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.