1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Super re-roll stats

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by the assassin, Aug 27, 2001.

1. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Did you know if you keep rerolling your stat points, you can be an ultimate character?
    For example, my assassin is str-18, dex-18, con-14, int-18, wis-10, and char-8.

The charisma problem is solved with the ring of human influence, and you can either dual to fighter, mage, or cleric, if you take points out of constitution or intelligence, which allows you to dual from a thief.

2. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] We know...

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

1. No rerolling will save you from Arkanis Gath.

2. No "ultimate" character can escape my LAME EDITED SWORD +255.

3. No spamming can make you better person - it can only expose yourself.

4. Why don't you try posting in ToB forum for difference?

4. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

And did you know that if you hit ctrl+shift+8 while you're on the stats page you won't have to sit there rerolling for 6 days??

Sheesh.

5. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

OK. Some details here.

A) That only works if you have the console activated.

B) You don't have to press shift, it's just CTRL-8.

Anyway, I'm in no position to complain, just pointing this out.

6. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

There was no cheating when first I created my character way back in the BG1 days. So I had to deal with rolling for literally 4 1/2 hours for stats. I don't think I did that bad on my stats but it's better than cheating. It makes your character feel more authentic. (personal opinion, I'm sure)

7. cotman68 Gems: 6/31

wow. and to think I played the whole game with all my stats under 10.

8. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Just yesterday's night I sat down to create my sorcerer (Coo! Was I planning long on my spell picks!): STR 4 / DEX 19 / CON 16 / INT 18 / WIS 18 / CHA 18

So why CHA? I heared of "Extraspells" in Neverwinter Nights! Yeah! And INT/WIS is needed for my ole friend, the djinni, yes, the one that caused me to kick out Edwin (MY FIGHTER HAD MORE WIS THAN HE HAD!!!).

Kept rolling for about an hour. My party is going for a streng-enhancing girdle at the moment...

Will my VERY poor strength (of which I will sacrifice one later -> STR 3) have an influence on my spellcasting? In NWN? Anywhere? Thanks!

[EDIT]
    Argh! Thanks to Shadowkeeper! I made a mistake. You can't sacrifice STR! So I start with STR 3 and CON 17, sacrificing CON later. What a &"%§&"%!!!

Warning to all who want to play with these stats, too: You won't be able to usa a simple, even the simplest, quarterstaff! The all need 5 strength. Limited to slings and daggers in the beginning, there you go... (Ribald has a Girdle of Hill Giant strength, though)

[This message has been edited by Maertyn (edited September 02, 2001).]

9. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

The biggest disadvantage I see with your strength is you won't be able to carry jack-crap. It's a strength enhancing belt for you my friend ;) unless you want to walk around encumbered with your spellbook :p

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited August 28, 2001).]

10. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

Indeed, the Sorcerer should be able to attain extra spells in Neverwinter Nights, as it is based on D&D 3E rules. The Sorcerer's key ability modifier is Charisma, and he gains extra spells per level according to his Charisma modifier, so you made a wise pick there. Overall nice stats.

11. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    sorcerer's dont need int so much, move some of that to ur strength

12. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31

You should keep your strenght at least 10-12.
    You don't need high dexterity. Higher level enemies will hit you always, even if your dexterity is 18. It doesn't matter for a mage.

Wisdom is mutch more important.

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

We know, however the stats could be better. But I don't like the whole re-rolling, it's a big misundertanding that many think that the more powerful your character is, the more fun the game is to play...... very wrong....

Meartyn ----> welcome back..... For the strength you can use a Belt or Gauntlets that set strength to 18,19,20 or 21. With that your sorcerer wuold also have the ability to act as a good fighter too.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited August 28, 2001).]

14. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

My INT is only there for the wish-spell.
    WIS is there for saving throws bonusses and... the wish-spell.

Lore aside

15. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Maertyn--

Actually, CHA is the sorcerer's prime requisite. The class is 3rd edition, but the game is only set to 2nd edition rules, but if you were going strictly by the book you'd (the new book, that is) need high CHA anyway.

Edit: Yet another lame ass assassin thread that's actually gotten interesting.

[This message has been edited by Gonzago (edited September 02, 2001).]

16. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

its crom faeyer for u my mage-friend!

17. Rothgar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

A Mage or Sorcerer cannont wield the Crom Faeyr...

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Perhaps Corbulo was Mentioning some ToB episode. Damn No works! I spilled milk in my keyboard cannot spell words which contain the letters after "Q" and "S". Bloody hell :D disconnecting

[Please clean up your other posts like this one since you have a new keyboard - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited September 02, 2001).]

19. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Well, somebody's going to say it, so it might as well be me...

Nobleman, there's no use crying over spilled milk.

>ducks tomatoes and other flying legumes<

20. Julius Skull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Hey, um, Xenecor.... did you say 4.5 hours rolling your first character? Like almost 5 hours rolling a character? Hours? Good grief man, at what stage did you finally say that's done it for me... there it is, by god it's beautiful! What stat were you waiting for, exactly, i'm curious to know? I would usually think someone like you is a perfectionist, but surely that isn't the case since you couldn't be bothered to look up the pseudo-word "ambiguosity" in the dictionary.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.