1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Get NPC to join - looking for cheat

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Blue, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm looking for the specific cheat code used to get an NPC to join you. I think it's one of the hot keys - you hover over any NPC in the game, and he joins up with you.

I appoligize for posting this to the list, as I'm certain it must be somewhere in the backfiles or subdirectories, but it evades me. I have searched the forums and have looked up and down lists of cheat codes long as my arm - but I just can't find that particular code.

Please help, anyone?

2. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

There are codes for the console that can create a certain character or monster at any time at the cursor. Could that be what you are thinkig of?

3. Blue Gems: 7/31

No it's not the one where you create a character. Although that cheat is nice to use in addition to the cheat I am thinking about - create a certain person and then have him join you. I have used it before, about a year ago when playing this game, but have forgotten it. So I know it excists.

What it does is that you choose any NPC, like a man in the street or anything, (hover the mouse above him I think,) and press these keys (probably some hotkeys) - and then you get the same screen as you do when you employ a joinable NPC - where you can pick who you want to kick out to get this new one in. After that, the new person appears in your bottom slot to the right - although ordinary NPC's don't have their own picture, only an outline of a head with a questionmark in it.

But you get to look at their stats - and some, like Drizzt, have their own paper doll and items, others more plain NPC's don't have paperdoll or items but still have stats. And of course your new member moves around with you and the others.....

It's actually very interesting and useful to be able to "grab" NPC's once in a while and look at their stats - did you know that every average "man in the street" have 10 on all main stats?

I really hope somebody can remember this cheat and let me know about it.

4. Koveras Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I believe the cheat you're looking for is Ctrl-Q. At least it is for BG2. It may be different for BG1.

[ January 23, 2003, 01:49: Message edited by: Koveras ]

5. Blue Gems: 7/31

Yes I think it was this one. Thanks a lot.

I was able to capture NPC's with it, but when they joined, my computer crashed. That may just be on my computer though...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.