1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cat Owners Central

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 17, 2008.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I am a cat herder since I was 8. Cats understand me, and I believe to understand them, We get along well.

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    It's odd how a cat seems to automatically know if you are a "cat person" isn't it.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    And sit on people that are not :lol:

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: This looks like a must join group for me. I know who is the boss in this house and it isn't me. Two cats, one orange and one black. Perfect for halloween. Cameron and Amy (Ami).

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Great....somehow, our cats associate the wife with treats and wet food, while I am associated with baths, nail clippings, and vacuuming (the carpets, not the cats... :p )...so when I call any of them, they look at me and run under the bed. :skeptic:

I need to trade jobs with the wife.

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    New to this group. I have one cal-tab kitty named Ombra. She's a stumpy tailed kitty since the tip of her tail broke off in my hand three days after I got her. The vet said it was probably the result of a car engine, and had to amputate more tail to make sure there wouldn't be future problems.

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I'm new :D I have one female black short haired cat, Tracy (7 months old) and a male black and white long haired cat, Becky (8 months old) And yep, we named Becky before we found out his secret. Brushing his fur I came across what I thought were tangles in his fur. He was swiftly despatched to the vets to have them removed! :lol:

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I have two cats and one scratching pole, until recently. The second cat was so happy whit his three leveled pole he has not come off in the first week. Only to eat and crap.

Both poles are located on each side of the desk.

9. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    There is a border on the desk of the same degree as the iron curtain. As cats do they try to get control of the desk, namely the keyboard which contain the petting extensions from my body. The long haired one screams for attention from the left grabbing me. The fat short hair on the right side plays innocent and tries to sit on the mouse hand or keyboard.

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Do cats actually USE scratching poles??? Ours used to scratch our old LEATHER couch when we weren't looking.. Sly little thing. As soon as we got the new one though, it just KNEW not to do it lol.

11. kyllroy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Media:
    OMG this is my only social group here.. and its very dead....pours Revive Cat potion on thread..

[​IMG]

12. Merlanni

Media:
    The problem with most poles is the length of the pole. When they want to scratch, they extend their bodies and the central pole is often to short for that. So they seek more comfy places.

I still think that the people who make these poles do not have cats. Some are so silly with lots of moronic extensions.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You've seen some cat owners, right? :p

14. Merlanni

Media:
    All my life. As an example. I have two poles, one old basic style one, and one more frolic. The ignore the frolic one and fight over the old one, even if it is lower.

The long hair got in a fight. He is a grabber, he grabs other cats and bites vicious, Well, he has a large belly wound that is healing nice. No pus but a big gaping wound.

15. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Mine use it, Molly practically pole dances with the thing

16. Merlanni

Media:
    Is it a long pole or one with intersections?

17. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    Not really a long pole, 'bout a foot high

18. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I got one of the taller simple poles, and my kitty loves it to pieces (literally) I'm on the second pole, and it's looking a bit ragged...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.