1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with Jaheira!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Obad-Hai, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Obad-Hai Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ok I was fighting the Dao Djinn (sp?) and then Jahiera became petrified. I unpetrified her and then I tried to talk to her and she left! She just said about leaving or reforming the group or w/e and left! gah! Anyway I used CTRL+Q to get her back (ya I know this is cheating) but she has already left the tent but her portrait was still there???? Then I double clicked on her picture to find her but nothin happened, so I clicked on her picture and then my computer froze! Any ideas to get her back. Or do I just have to go all the way to the Harper Compound to get her, I'm in trademeet now.

[ July 24, 2003, 14:15: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My suggestion would be to reload and not fight the Dao Djinn. Besides, you get more experience for helping them find Ihtafeer (the rakshasa).

Short of that you have a couple of options available to you:

- since Jaheira is also a fighter, have her drink a potion of invulnerability (all saving throws are successful)

- have a mage cast Protection from Petrification spell

- I think Free Action will also work (could be wrong on this)

3. Shebali Gems: 2/31

Actually, this is kinda annoying. Every time someone gets petrified the game considers it as if you kicked the person out of the party. If this person happen to be your romance interest, romance is (at least for me) set to 3, meaning it's over. And if this happen to be Jaheira, you've got some trouble since she definitely doesn't like if you kick her out. I'm not sure she'll ever come back if you have a romance with her and then kick her out... so there's only one thing to do; reload.

4. Obad-Hai Gems: 2/31

It's ok I had her stay back so she wasn't petrified. And my character is female and she's romancing Anomen ;)

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    That fight = Protection against Petrification on your main tank, send him in on his own (with boosts) and dao genies soon go down

6. Shebali Gems: 2/31

Ok... :D I just assumed this was a romance issue, since you wanted her back so badly... Keep Anomen out of the way as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.