1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to get to Kangaxx?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by jesper898, Nov 18, 2001.

1. jesper898 Guest

ok guys i play bg2 a lot but ive never figured out how to even get to kangaxx(sp)
    could you guys tell me what i have to do?

2. Lord Sarevok Guest

Lol, I'm not good with names. Maybe I've killed this Kangaxx before but I really don't know who he is!

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited November 19, 2001).]

3. jesper898 Guest

i think his a lich

4. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

He is the one where you have to get his arms/legs & torso, the badest Lich in the game

5. Here's the coordinates for his house in the docks district. AR 0300, x 2700 y 2270. Press 'X' in the game to get coordinates of the position where the mouse cursor is.

SPOILER
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    '
    To restore his body, you need to find parts of his body. The parts are located in the sarcophagus near the ex-unseeing eye worshippers and the other part is in the bridge district, coordinates AR 0500, x 1600 y 3350, in the house to the very south, near the house of the kidnappers of Tirdir. Each part will involve you fighting a lich to get the item.

6. jesper898 Guest

ok thanks:D

7. Satanatron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Greetings,
    I'd be glad to help.

While exploring Athkatla docks you my have noticed a building with a trapped door on the left of MaeVar's Guild Hall. Inside that building on the first floor there a few minotaurs. Down the stairs in a tomb resides the golden skull of Kangaxx. Talk to the skull and Kangaxx will put you on a quest to "reconstruct" him. This requires retrieving Kangaxx's golden torso and his golden limbs.

The torso is guarded by an elemental lich that can be located in the "bridge district"
    of Athkatla in an unmarked house next to the Twisted Rune entrance. Once in the house go down the stairs and open the sarcophagus and fight the Lich. After we kill him pick up the torso and drop them in Kangaxx's sarcophagus at the docks district.

The limbs are more complicated to retrieve. When you go down the sewers at the "temple district" during the "cult of the eyeless" quest, talk to the leader Gaal. Convince him that you will help him and he will give you a key to the lower levels. Look on your map to find the locked door that lead to the lower levels. On the way to the stair case leading down there will be some ex-cultist. They speak of your quest with Gaal and also tell you about the sarcophagus in the room. That's where you want to go - open the sarcophagus and kill the Shade Lich. Pick aup the limbs after the kill and place them in Kangaxx's tomb with the skull and the torso in his house at the docks district.

Once all (3) pieces are united Kangax is "reborn" in his standard Lich form. After you kill him in this form he transforms into Demi-Lich form which arguable even more formidable. After he dies, you will recieve the best item in the game; the ring of Kangaxx.

I warn you to either level up your characters a bit before you fight him, or get more experience yourself and learn to understand the game a little more. You will need the experience either way. By the way, I will let you figure out a way to kill him. He can be tough if you are not prepared, though if you have the right counter spells and items against him he is a joke. Lastly, there is a way of getting (2) rings of Gaxx. Once again though, I'll let you figure that out.

Good luck.

S

8. jesper898 Guest

wow thanks satanatron:)

9. Lord Sarevok Guest

Here are the stats for the ring of Gaxx.

- immunity to disease and poison
    - invisibility and haste once per day
    - +10% magic resistance
    - +2 to saving throws

Hmm, I don't know if that's worth killing 3 liches for.

10. Satanatron Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Of course it is worth it!!! You can wear magical armour with it.

You mean to tell me that you are afraid of a few panzy Liches Lord Sarevok? My monk killed one at level 9. Ha! the real Sarevok wouldnt be afraid... hehehe.

All you gotta do is use breach, true sight and sunray (not necessarily in that order)and the job is done. In fact a single sunray can do it... well sometimes anyway. Remember that Daystar long sword is handy.

S

11. jesper898 Guest

where do you get the daystar?

12. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

In a chest that is guarded by a lich in a hidden room in the Crooked Crane inn (that's the one in the City Gates district).

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited November 18, 2001).]

13. Demonater351 Guest

I always wondered how you find Kangaxx. Heh, heh, I've got a +5 broadsword with his name on it ;)

14. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

2 Rings of gaxx?? Please, do tell.

15. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Getting 2 rings of Kangaxx is just a game exploit, and shouldn't be used. If he has two rings on him, why doesn't he drop 2? Answer: because he is only meant to have one.

16. Leethal Gems: 1/31

Can Kangaxx be killed by turning undead? I cant say ive tried it yet....

17. Lord Sarevok Guest

I've gotten the golden bones before but I had no idea what they were for. I'm not afraid it just seems like a hassle. I've beaten the game without it so do I really need it? BTW, I don't wear armor, and the ring of earth control gives +1 to AC and you can wear it with armor or a protection ring/cloak/amulet as well. Also I always have stoneskin and mirror image on in comabt and the difference of 1 AC won't affect much. I found liches to be very, very, hard depite what you said, but then again I don't use cheap things like Sunray. And read the post The Lich Under the Tavern(and other fun fights) while you're at it sonny boy. :flaming:

18. War Nerve

War Nerve And it took me back to something that I'd lost

You forgot to mention the two most important things about the damn ring, Sarevok :) It also adds +2 ac, and regenerates 1 hp per 3 seconds. Yummy. *Now* try saying that it's not worth the hassle! :)

19. Lord Sarevok Guest

Whoa! I have the strategy guide and it dosen't mention that! My next character is gonna probably be an Assasin. I'm gonna love backstabbing him and then melting down his bones and selling them to Ribald!

20. Satanatron Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Geez Sarevok, you sure changed your tune when you heard the ring of Gaxx gives +2 ac and regeneration.

Like I said, its the best item in the game. In fact I have finished the game so many times that when I start a new game I import a Gaxx ring for all my fighters (2 or 3 usually). And sure you dont need it, but it always helps doesnt it?

Sounds like you are afraid of Liches mate. Hehehe. Look, they are not that difficult (regardless of using Daystar and its so-called "cheesy sunray spell"), they are not really a hassel and the experience makes them worth it.

The trick is to hit hard and fast so he doesnt have a chance to cast his spells. This means haste and any other enhanced attack magics (bless/chant/protection from evil etc). Invisability or hide in shadows can help if you wanna free hit and or a backstab before the Lich becomes hostile. If you can get in there and smash him up fast enough you might be able to disrupt some of his defensive spells. If that fails and defensive spells go up (usually stone skin, protection from magical weapons and globe of invulnerablity and sometimes mislead) you will need a mage to breach his defence to do physical damage. A couple of "breach" spells is all you really need before you can start bashing him again. Also use your "true sight" spell to counter his mislead invisability. Druids, priests and mages have this spell and so do Inquisitors as a skill. Lastly, remember that only weapons of +3 or higher enchantment can do any damage to Liches in general, regardless of any magic defence they have.

Hope this helps you Lord Sarevok and you other Lich hunters out there. Easy-Pesy. And put on some armour you nut!

Oh, and so f@#$ing what if you exploit a so-called "bug" to get two Gaxx rings. Biowear should not have programed that way then or provided a patch to remove the "exploit".
    Since you get the extra ring by pick-pocketing a legitamate innate charactor ability, who is saying that it is cheating?

I dont use any editing or cheating programs and besides, its human nature to exploit others.

S

[This message has been edited by Satanatron (edited November 20, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.