1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think its time for me to re-watch A Clockwork Orange again. What an amazing movie and I haven't seen it for a lot of years.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Good evening!

4. Dice

Media:
    Good evening to you too Chev :). How is November treating you in your section of the world?

5. chevalier

Media:
    Just finished another pile of work on my overdue Ph.D. thesis. I'm at the limits of the administration's mercy. Otherwise I'm just having a midnight snack and should probably go to sleep with all the tiredness but I'm feeling like procrastinating some. What about you?

And a lot seems to have happen here at SP since my last visit. There's this about Project Eternity that I've missed altogether.

6. Thunderwing Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Salutations and caffeine, chev!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't mean to goad or anything, but something seems to be wrong with our staff! :D ;)

Howdy Chev! good to see ya! :)

8. Dice

Media:
    I don't mean to tease anyone or anything but isn't it funny that when a person starts a sentence with "I don't mean to ..... " It is EXACTLY what they mean to do ;) ?

9. chevalier

Media:
    Well, Nun, that's an honorary title by now, I have it because Tal's a good guy and won't take it away. For a long time (like some teens of months by now) the news has been carried over from RPG Watch, as Tal explained in the SP happenings. So it's definitely not like I'm the lookout any more. Long gone are the times I scouted the Internet daily to bring out the news for everybody. I did sort of well for a while until it ended miserably (twice), for which I'm sorry. I did fail you guys here. I still have posting rights in the news forum, so I could indeed from time to time see if there's anything postworthy that RPG Watch didn't post.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hey chev, I hope you're doing well! :D

The Watch gets most of the stuff so it's largely just a matter of editing and moving the posts these days, luckily. I wouldn't really have the time to do much more than that.

11. chevalier

Media:
    Darn, Tal, I didn't even know you still had editing work to do on those news items. I just assumed the parsers took care of everything. Only proves how much of a failure it became on my part in the end with the news. So here's a public apology to you and the members.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's no big deal, I just fix typos/grammar and various style/formatting issues. No apology necessary, you've been doing a great job with the news for years, can't really ask for more than that.

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I mean to tease, right now: Only if you're female. :p Manipulative creatures... :shake:

Don't be too humble, Chev. I seriously doubt you screwed things up. (But who am I to judge that anyway...) Now come here for some sweet, tender loving! :p

14. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    We have a government, hoorah!

The odd thing is, that nobody is happy with it. The lefties, the rightties, dogmatic centralists, reli-nutters, republicans(SGP), Wilders, animal(istic) rights groups, Greece, you name it.

Anybody else having elections?

15. Taluntain

Media:
  16. Merlanni

Media:
    And how many days/weeks/months until you have one?

17. Taluntain

Media:
    What do you mean? Our elections are this Sunday...

18. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    I'm glad to announce that if you point an American State on the map, I can name it. :) So, I'm like what..? A 4th grader now?

And sometimes I wonder: If I would emigrate to the USA, which State would I prefer? (And don't say Washington or Colorado just because I'm A Dutchie)

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can do that too. For example, I just pointed to the big state on the SW corner of the mainland, and decided to name it Yabrondoe. :p

20. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    MoN - woot! for you, except that the states on the maps have their names on them, so all that you have indicated is that you have a reasonably rudimentary grasp of the English language and certain proper nouns, which we have been able to glean from your 11 years on the boards.

Splunge - Yabrondoe is one over from the big one on the SW corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.