1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Underworld 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Beren, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1496025/

Loved the first movie, thought the 2nd one was ok as well. But I honestly wondered where they could possibly go after all the big names bought the farm.

Well, now humanity with its superior numbers is after both Vampires and Lycans. And there's somebody else emerging more powerful than either Michael or Selene. Maybe this'll work.

I have to admit, some of the action does look rather contrived.

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

I liked the first movie, the opening scene of Kate Beckinsale dressed in leather had left me with my jaws open :love:. The second movie was crap, too many gaps and inaccuracies. As for this one, well I guess that Beckinsale dressed in leather again is a good reason for me to watch it :D.

3. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yeah, stiff upper lips Kate is hot, when pale.
    Like the Underworld series, even though not my kinda of vamp-flick.
    I never got it, was UW3 part of the series or a standalone?
    It didn't have Kate in it!

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I liked the first movie a lot as well. Second movie was saved by Kate Beckinsale jumping around in tight leather clothing again. Never saw the third one, I heard it was a prequel. So I have no idea what to expect from this 4th movie. No Bill Nighy is appears :(

5. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I saw each of the films and thought they were fine.

Sure some things to question but not a film that made me upset I purchased a ticket even dragged others to see it (other films have done that like Skyline, Ultraviolet, & Tank Girl).

I can see the next film as being either a prequel or the next in the series.

Why? Its quite possible for a entire planet to hold more vamps or werewolves.

Plus the 3rd movie gave you an explanation for why the fight between them can run a long, long, long, long time.
    Neither seems to die except the hard way.
    When the werewolves were made slaves or
    vice versa (new slaves were purposefully made into lycons by vamps to make them live for a long time)
    it was with the intention of making them a permanent underclass.

Yes class warfare is a recurring theme in the film (there were subtle hints of it in the 1st film).

Is it confirmed the next film has no Bill Nighy?

I can see the next film being another prequel if it is vamps establishing a new base of power with continued fighting between the two sides (at the first film the vamps generally had their act together and were from a position of some strength-they didn't know the strength of the lycans but they had it themselves).

If not then I can see continued fight with a unknown or unexpected but surviving big name. Don't forget that Victor survived what appeared to be a fatal wound in the 3rd film-meaning he is tougher than expected).

I would also say humans, if they are a factor may have better odds in more recent films if they get into a fight with one of the sides-they tended not to do well in the 3rd film as they were pushed/killed around by each side with perhaps 1 (or more but still limited) exceptions.

But humans build the society, at least in the films located in modern times, both vamps and lycan operate in-making humans both too numerous and perhaps useful to start a major fight with.

EDIT:

Ok saw the trailer. I'm expecting a combined new enemy (humans who can't work out a deal with vamps or lycans) plus a surprise in whomever is probably working with them in the shadows.

If all the humans working for the guy with the boat in the 2nd film hadn't been killed I figured they would be working for her, but we see how that turned out.....

And recall they knew about vamps/lycans and didn't pick fights beyond what they were ordered to do.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.