1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Viconia Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by William Smit IV, Sep 24, 2002.

1. William Smit IV Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I was wondering, what kind of factors start up that romance? I know you can't be elf, but, I noticed that when I was playing with a True Neutral that she didn't start the thread until my rep dropped from avg. to disliked or something negative. Maybe I saw it in the wrong way or am just plain wrong, I dunno. Anyway, I'm obviously not sure, so that's why I ask. I don't want to be paying 30,000 gold for a frikkin' stick due to low rep! If that's the case, then I don't care--it's not worth the drow!

2. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm not sure either. I played an evil character with an above average reputation, and we got along just fine.

3. chimpmaster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Im playing a Neutral Evil, Half-elf Fighter/thief.

He seems to be getting on with viconia just fine also.

I have had a low reputation (went down to 1, sucked badly because you were attacked wherever you went).

It was fine outside of towns though.

I didnt really notice a change in viconia's behaviour when i dropped to 1, or went back up to 9, which it is right now.

I dont think she likes your rep above about 13 or so - ideally probably 3-9 id say.

One of the other key things is to be nice - but not too nice to her. She is a bit of a *****, but quite rewarding if you get it right. She seems to prefer a strong, hard man to an overly sensitive one.

I read that you can actually turn her to a good or neutral alignment in throne of baal as well, by convincing her to look to the light or something.

Cool hey?

4. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

So long as you keep your reputation at or below 17 you should be fine. I was. Just give answers that are neither a complete brush off to her, nor demonstrating total weakness towards her. At 18 (or 19?) she will leave, so lower it with subtle minor peasant killings that don't attract everyone turning hostile... :rolleyes:

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] You must be a half-elf/human/(halfling) male

Sometimes it takes a while for romances to kick off anyway, did you have jaheira or Aerie in your group?

6. Solidude Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

One thing that I find that helps is when you let the protaganist and the romanceable NPC out of sight of each other, then let them come into view, that will help initiate dialogs if enough time has been given between em...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.