1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling - 114

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Master of Nuhn likes this.
  2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    AAAAARRRGGH!!:bang:
    Rags, you just found me something to add in the "People... that annoy the hell out of you"-thread.
    It's funny, though. Some things are just too darn ironic.

Two quotes in particular cought my eye:

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The absolute BEST time I've ever been called a hypochondriac was in the waiting room for A&E, I was in tears and my right arm was covered up in a school blazer, it was when I had subluxed my elbow and it had caught the nerves and veins cutting circulation to the arm. A woman sat opposite me asked why I was missing school, I was sat with my crutches (no chair at the time) so I told her
    "I think I've dislocated my elbow."
    "Don't be ridiculous. You'd KNOW if you'd done something that serious. It doesn't happen to just anybody."
    "I have a genetic condition that makes my joints very loose."
    "You're just being a hypochondriac, your arm is probably fine."
    *uncovers arm, it's a lovely shade of purple-black* "Doesn't look fine to me!"

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Purple-black is perfectly fine. For a subterranean, Machiavellian, sadistic humanoid with pointy ears.

5. Ragusa

Media:
    A woman I know has deduced that she has a malt allergy because drinking beer gives her headaches. And she was inhaling stuff to prevent colds, in July. Right.

Ah well, I know her since she was in Kindergarten with my sister, and she has always been a spoiled, attention seeking brat, and it has only gone worse since. My first notable memory of her is her sitting in front of my dad's car, screaming, when he wanted to drive her home (after all she lived a kilometre away), but she didn't want to leave but stay on and play with my sister. I have always admired her ex-bf's stoic patience.

And an entirely different story, about a (very beloved) uncle of mine: On work, a barrel dropped on his hand, smashing the upper phalanx of his right index finger. He went to hospital, and waited, while holding his finger in a bandage. A woman asked him why he was there, and he just showed her his finger. She fainted on the spot.

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Had a party last night. For different reasons, both the fire department *and* the police came by :/

7. Ragusa

Media:
    I hope for you it wasn't in your own place.

8. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    8, I'm sure you were just imagining things and your elbow was perfectly fine. You really should try to be less whimsical. :p

9. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Morgy, will I be able to see that at eight o'clock tonight, with all the other news? Or is it only broadcasted on SBS6's "Retards News"? :p

Merlanni likes this.
  10. Morgoth

Media:
    hehe :D

The party was at my floor of the flat I live in. The alarm went off by accident; someone forgot to close his door while showering and the steam apparently triggered the smoke detector (huh?) Now, we have had a few of those false alarms before, so the housing organization (de Key) decided that in case of such an alarm, they would first send out an employee to check, and only call the fire department when there is an actual fire (if they haven't been called already.)

One of the twits on my floor felt that the alarm was interfering with her birthday party and wanted it shut off asap and thought that a firefighter was the best person to do that for her. So apparently, this is what I heard from other people, she called the emergency line! Five minutes later 10 firefighters were standing in he hallway, high on adrenaline, being really really pissed off. I hope she gets fined for that stunt. She's about to turn 19, is new in the city, and is naive and self-centered as ****.

The police came because someone complained about the noise and wanted to sleep. It was only 3 in the morning. :roll:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  11. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Some things are wrong in A'dam: Smart ass housing orgs, young girls' first puffs of pot and (most alarming) people wanting to sleep at 3 in the morning!

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Good news ! It's not diabetes, they still don't know what the hell is wrong with me and I still need to pass some blood test but at least it's nothing life threating now.

What's this I hear ? Sleeping at 3 o'clock when there's a party going on ? Madness, pure madness I say !

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  13. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Good to hear that, Flix. :)

Must stop staring at MD runs... but it's like watching a tiny planet get blown up (when clusters "explode" because I messed up the parameters).

Even when things go right:

The Earth and what happened next, and my current favourite: Toxic Sandwich

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  14. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Waking people up with loud partying is not cool. The mental deficient who lives downstiars had ANOTHER drunken party last night and I decided i'd had enough -- talking to this twit has done exactly sweet <f> all and so I called the cops. What a belligerant little twit. Well, she'd better get used to it because I'm not taking her <feces> any more. Every night, I'll be calling the cops if that's what it takes. The landlord has already served her an eviction notice. Law says he's gotta give her 2 months or so. Maybe with a lot of police complaints on file it'll be express laned and she'll be gone sooner.

Maybe I'm an old fart, but I'm an old fart who has to work for a living rather than have Daddy pay all my bills because I'm a useless drunken piece of <feces> who can't even hack community college or get a job. I tried being nice and understanding with this little <insert insulting word here> and it didn't do a damn thing. I'm tired, pissed off, and not inclined to be empathic any more.

Oh, anyone wondering how I know her Daddy pays the bills, well, she pays 40% of the utilities and she does so every month via a cheque written by her Dad. She's 21 years old and can't manage her own <deity> damned finances. Idiot.

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Flix: Good to know that it's not Diabetes. Here's hoping it isn't too serious! :)

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Joy ! I'm going toTedxConcordia I'm going to TedxConcordia ! :roll: :rolling: weeeeeeeeee

My candidacy was accepted, apparently due to limited space and high demand I needed to fill a candidacy form before I could actually attend (and pay the entry fee). So I'm either awesome-enough to go, or this is just an elaborate marketing ploy to boost the event credibility and acceptance. However, given its close ties with Ted, and how Ted is amongst the most awesome NPO organisation of them interweb eva' I tend the believe the first option.

Either way I'm going to TedxConcordia .

17. Morgoth

Media:
    Have to pull another all-nighter tomorrow. Procrastination is a *****.

TED is fun, but I don't recognize any of those speakers.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Anyone knows the arabic script ? I'm trying to identify a coin a friend found. Alas I can't read the text on it. The coin pictures two lions on each side reaching a crown on top of err, abstract line and a star. On top it reads 1394-1974, which is odd, it's written in the western numeral, not the typical arabic one which looks kinda what we're used to but not quite.

19. Morgoth

Media:
    I thought Moroccan when I heard about the two lions, it's amazing what Google can do for you: link

20. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Hehehe! I thought Moroccan Dirham when I heard about the Star. I also thought about the Islamic calendar (1394 = 1974), but that's already in Morgy's link.

The "santim" was introduced in 1974 in Moroccan currency, but it's most likely a dirham. The french franc wasn't used anymore since 1974, so more dirhams were needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.