1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The things, people and places that annoy the hell out of you

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Runescarred, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
  2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey! I loved those weird Carpenter movies. :grin:

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I love them too but I'm no Snake Plissken and I don't have his gear. Those guys sure do.

4. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    [vulgarity warning]

People who think they are free to pee wherever they want are irritating. :bad:

5. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I misread this as 'whenever'... :D:D:D

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At least I get to have a seat to myself on the train.

7. Damiarch72 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

When people repeat the same thing over and over and over and expect your attention the whole time.

8. TheTallMan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Family dinners where I bring up the subject of games/gaming in a nice mature and noteworthy fashion. Yet I am always met with the "games blah blah violence" or " I dont get them". This xmas a whole family of people will be getting a nice GoG gift package of Planescape and BG. Figure one of them has to succumb and see the light.:)

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Oprah fricking Winfrey. What a self righteous, arrogant, self-important, self loving, self indulgent, sanctimonious piece of crap. What other celebrity or person do you know who puts their own face on a magazine every fricking month? Self-involved much? I hate her with a passion normally reserved for people I know personally.

Her show sucks donkey ding ding, her positions on race are just as racist as any white guy, she has zero humility or decency, and the day she shuffles off this mortal coil I am gonna go out and celebrate.

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not a fan then LKD?

11. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

LKD, I believe I am starting to fall in platonic love with you. :lol:

The neighbor who snores do loud that I can hear him through the effing wall. No kidding.

12. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Runescarred, don't tell my wife!!! ;)

Also, why does it have to be platonic? I thought you swung both ways!

Oh, and to keep this post on topic, freaking Perez Hilton. Everyone in the US is all into this "don't bully homosexuals" and I am in favor of their position -- it is vile to hassle someone to the point they want to commit suicide. But Perez has been doing it himself for years! Just because he's gay doesn't give him a free pass. He should take just as much heat as the rednecks.

Plus he's annoying.

13. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

I do.

Also, googled the guy. Seems like a huge attention, ekhem, 'gentleman of negotiable affection'. Damn, why is myspace, facebook and livejournal not enough for such people? :D

The giggly, garrulous high school students at Chopin's Museum annoyed me.

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I rather have Chopin vodka.

15. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    The environmental crusaders working at the convenience store who look down their noses at you if you want a bag for your stuff. I get it - plastic bags suck - but do I really have to carry the eight miscellaneous items you sold me around by hand? :rolleyes:

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] People who glance over a tutorial without reading it properly, try it anyway then complain loudly that the tutorial sucks and it doesn't work at all :rolleyes:

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I am to write a report on a technical issue to a subcontractor, giving them feedback about necessary improvements, after I made the fixes and corrections (i.e. I am hands-on familiar with the issues).

So this morning that one colleague asked me what I project I currently work on and I told her, and she asked whether I was even informed about the matter. I replied that, of course, I was not, which is why I wanted to write them a poem instead. She blinked and ran away. Better for her.

Now I don't mind answering questions, but I do mind people putting them in a manner telling that in their view I am probably dumb, and in particular when the person asking them is a print minded, technically illiterate oaf.

18. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate the people on facebook who set their status with one of those forwarded things about hoe dreadful it is that football players get so much more than soldiers (moneywise) but then set their status to say that they're buying tickets for a football game. The hypocrasy drives me insane!

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I hate, HATE people who do not clean up after their dog in the city centre or living area. I haven't stepped into the pile right in front of our community front door yet, but others have and smeared the whole lot out, making it harder to leave the building without doing a hop-skip-jump.

20. Runescarred Gems: 10/31

People who used resin to conserve Matejko's paintings. The poor canvas shine so much that it is impossible to see a thing when the lights are on. Oh, and the people who conserved 'The Lady with an Ermine' so hard that they painted the whole background black. Yay. It is indestructible now! Really. I wish modern techniques were known back in the day...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.