1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

NPC you are most dependant upon.?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Haymaker D'apeon, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Serora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

2. Gwyddyon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

*nods to Tyresian* Jaheira definitey! Give her some armor, Staff of Ryn+4 and maybe some strength enhancement, and she's a decent fighter. But that's not why I rely on her. I have only two words for you all: Fire Elementals :) Her ability to summon multiple fire elementals with no pause in between castings and without the annoying waiting period of the mages' spell is a lifesaver in fights. I wiped out all three tanar'ri in the Planar Sphere quest just by summoning two fire elementals and a wizard eye and casting haste on them. Rested once, summoned the elementals a second time, and the whole map was cleared and I was up quite a few experience points without the messy battles that always result.

3. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I can't tell you how upsetting it is not to be able to finish the game with Yoshimo...or, for that matter, any other pure thief. His trapsetting abilities rock, and, well, just wait 'til you see what nifty little snares they can come up with in ToB.

4. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Of course! A sorc's best companion is a warrior---Korgan it is.

5. shadow_thief Guest

Actually, I find that the only good NPCs in the game are all evil. Edwin, Viconia, Korgan...They're all good!

6. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Jahiera. I keep her at the front as she is a exellent fighter\druid. i give her 2 +2 (belm and rashads talon) scitimars and I make her back off in case shes hurt to cast calll lightning (man i love that spell). she is also my romance (tee hee :) )

7. Guenhwyvar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

mincs and keldorn, very useful

8. MrSerious Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

jaheira for me too...insect swarms and fire elementals for everybody! But then again, I'd be lost without the thieves, but my favorite one is trapped in spellhold for half the game, so she doesn't count.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.