1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Setting up shisha pipe

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

In an order to curb and minimalize my rages for MJ, I went to a friend's store and got a hold of a shisha pipe. I've bought shisha that contains no tobacco... I plan on smoking shisha to see if there is behavioral side to my addiction and in an attempt to "ease the pain", so to speak.

I got charcoal sticks (the guy was out of the "puck" variety), shisha and of course the pipe. I haven't smoked shisha for ages, so my memory is kind of vague regarding the setup. I remember the ignited charcoal is to be used in combination with some aluminium foil to start burning the shisha, however, my first attempt was not that successfull.

Any hints/tips?

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Uhh, I've seen it done. I think. Yeah! Dude, I've seen it done. But, my short term memory was kind of flunky at the time for some strange damn reason.

It was a foggy evening, man. I mean we were on this island, off the coast, and there was fog.

Uhh, you put the charchoal wrapped up in the aluminum foil on this ceramic thing which is uh, on top of this bottle, I think it was something like that, or was it the other way around :hmm:

And you had to light the damn charchoal briquette over and over again...I think you light it up after it's wrapped up in the foil...and then there's water and you huff on the hose thing to get the vapours and I can't remember where you put the shisha in...

That's pretty much all I can remember. Peace bro :hippy:

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

First thing is to fill the base with water so that about an inch or so of the tube is submerged, and a fun thing here sometimes is to mix some flavors in the water... Can create interesting effects.

Alright further on down the line, break up some tobacco and put it into the bowl. Don't just use the dry stuff from the pack either mix it up a bit so it's moist. Then proceed to cover the bowl with a piece of tin foil, or the small perforated cover that some pipes come with. This is where you will place your charcoal, so if you know how to light that up, proceed with that intent before placing the charcoal on top of the foil/cover.

From here you should attach the hoses and take some gentle draws at first so that the shisha starts to heat up and after a couple minutes you'll be golden.

I have an old friend who quit smoking (well tobacco/nicotine) and to ween herself off she used non-tobacco hookah. Plus it's usually a good time and with proper company and drinks you can go for hours.

4. Disciple of The Watch

That is what I intend as well... I got so disgusted by tobacco when I smoked my last cigar that I never felt the urge of smoking anymore tobacco. I'm hoping that flavored non-tobacco hookah will be able to help me with my... other smoking addiction.

I gave some thought trying to remember how the pipe was hooked up the last time I smoked shisha... which was years ago, and if memory serves me correctly, he lit up the charcoal using a lighter-like butane torch, folded up aluminum foil without poking any holes, placed the ignited charcoal in the folded up aluminum foil and placing the wrapped charcoal (exposed to a degree, of course) on top of the shisha.

Unfortunately, I noticed a hole in the smoking tube... which means I'll have to return there sometime next week to get it swapped. I am a regular customer at this place, so it shouldn't be a problem. It just sucks I have to put the pleasant experience of smoking flavorful "tobacco". I got "Silver Fox Apple", which smells good, and I can't wait to test it out.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :lol: Iku, that was stereotypical stoner! Loved it.

6. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Trying to remember my favorite flavors, haven't smoked it since Summer. Remember really liking green apple and a mixture of raspberry and something else.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

my friend just got one and we've been smokin it up recently. it's great while drinking and hanging out with friends. i like the mixed fruits and berry flavors. or mix it with a bit of mint.

8. Disciple of The Watch

I tried black licorice shisha, but the taste was just too much after ~45 minutes of smoking. Silver Fox Apple, OTOH, leaves me begging for more. It's also a tremendous help with my... other smoking problems.

I use Soex brand shisha because it contains no tobacco. The place I bought the pipe from had a pretty pathetic selection of non-tobacco shisha, so I'm kind of limited in the flavors I can get. I'm pretty damned pleased with Silver Fox Apple, though.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Smoked some white peach last weekend, first time in a while on the hookah. Going to a hookah bar with an old friend tomorrow night to for more fun.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I am a fan of all peach flavors for hookah.

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    DotW, if you want "too much" try adding some vodka into the water tank. WARNING: not recommended if you plan on doing something productive the next day :D

12. Disciple of The Watch

Ziad, I don't drink, so I'll pass. Sounds like a good idea for someone who likes booze, though... I use distilled water in my own tank when I want a smoother smoking experience, otherwise I just "warrior" it and skip the water, Silver Fox Apple tastes even sharper without the water... which is a good thing.

The stick variety of charcoal I got I actually ended up liking. Kind of a PITA to break into proper sized pieces, but I got the hang of it, and I also got a small butane torch which I use to light up the charcoal... makes preparing the hookah all the more easier.

Didn't saw peach hookah, but I'll keep an eye on it. My usual spot has a pathetic selection... but I hear there's a place where I could get a broader range of flavors.

13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

The place I mentioned was the worst hookah lounge ever. Crappy pieces, shisha, and adirty environment.

14. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I once worked at a Shisha bar. My chef always asked if I wanted to try smoking the Shisha, but I always declined. I never smoked, and I don't want to start. I once took a pull from a Shisha at a friend's party just as a try (with no intent of continuing in any case, though)- I had to cough so hard, I had no intent ever repeating that again.

15. Disciple of The Watch

My guess is that you had shisha with tobacco. I've accidently had shisha with tobacco, and despite being a cigar smoker who has seen a *lot* of smoke, tobacco shisha made me hack a lung like nobody's buisness.

I smoke non-tobacco Soex brand shisha and it's a silky smooth smoke. Doesn't stick in my lungs, either. A tremendous help with the... rougher edges of dealing with my addictions. Only got one addiction left, and I'm slowly phasing it out in favor of hookah.

16. Disciple of The Watch

I bought Bubble Gum flavored hukka. The smell that hit me when I removed the wrapping was absolutely UNREAL. I proceeded to smoke some, and it was pretty darned good... though I used a small amount of hukka as I was expecting a sweetness overkill.

Soex, as ever. There was some mango flavored hukka, but it was the tobacco variant with nicotine, too... thanks, but no thanks.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Coffee and vanilla added to the collection... mixed 'em up, and guess what? French vanilla coffee. Awesome.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.