1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

For some reason, when I hear Race and Mini-Cooper in the same sentence, I envision a snail and a turtle racing... The turle winnning of course, he's Speed Racer compared to the snail...

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What? Didn't you see the remake of the Italian Job? Those red, white and blue minis were haulin' :)

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah - I got a mini as a loaner when I brought my BMW in for service and that thing moved pretty well.

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Ha! My wife's Honda Accord did just that. We had to have it towed to the dealer and traded it for a Saturn. That's another "piece" as well...but the Accord was a much nicer car -- when it was running and not in the shop.

I hate cars. :(

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My wife switched from an Accord to a Toyota Camry. I have always had muscle cars, but I can say the 4-cyl Camry moves nice and handles nice. Though, nothing compared to one of the many 80's Monte SSes I have owned!

I rode in a Cooper last year, maybe it was that particular car, but it felt like a riding mower...

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

All this car talk brings back memories of my trusty ol' 85 Ranger. Damn, I miss that sucker. I am feeling the itch of picking the paint gun back up and let the creative juices flow freely... that's what I get for browsing through the House of Kolor catalog.

*sigh* My time will come.

7. Chandos the Red

Media:
    The last car I owned like that was my 68 Camaro SS. It was atually an OK car. I guess people collect them now...although it wasn't THAT great a car. It gave me little trouble, like my 10 year-old Eclipse (which still runs fine).

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm BORED!

9. Blades of Vanatar

The older cars had less to worry about. As long as you had extra fluids, belts, hoses and clamps you were safe on the road. All easily replacable, unless your mechanically handicapped.

The Monte's and the Grand Nationals of the 80's were sweet rides. If you kept them tuned up, they were awesome on the highways, especially when there was no other cars on the road. But they were cop magnets. Luckily I always had a FOP sticker on my back window.:D

10. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    All this car talk reminds me of how incompetent I am with that... :lol:

I know nothing of cars, litterally. I had my licence for like 4 months now. Whenever my girlfriend tells me something like ''ooohh, look at that cool Element'', I usually answer with ''Ok, just tell me the damn color so I can see it...''. And I'm certainly the most useless person to fix a tire or something...

But my manliness is somewhat saved as I drink beer and not Smirnoff Ice coolers... :grin:

11. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Yeah, the car was pretty old when I got it from my dad and it still ran pretty well. In fact, for some weird reason he could never part with an old car. I still remember before he got the Camaro, there was an old Pontiac sitting out in front of our house for years. I think it was like a 59' of something, it even had an Indian head on the hub caps (I think my mom finally got sick of it and drove it off a cliff somewhere). He did the same thing with the Camaro and it sat out in front of our house for years before I rescued it. If you ever saw that old movie "Better Off Dead," it was kinda like that.

12. Blades of Vanatar

Better off Dead - "I want my two dollars!" Never mess with the paperboy, great movie...

13. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    *waves*

Hello, children, how have you been?

14. Triactus

Media:
    Woman with thick french accent : He keeps putting his testicules all over me.. You know, like an octopus!

John Cusak : Oh, tentacles! There's a big difference!

:lol:

15. Blades of Vanatar

i believe she was referring to "Ritchie", the chubby, annoying, neighbor boy

---------- Added 0 hours, 2 minutes and 31 seconds later... ----------

Hi there!:evil:

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I believe you meant to say "Native American head" or "Aboriginal head".

:p

17. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Ha! I see you must remember them too. :geezer: :p

18. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'm hungry, tired, grumpy and want to throttle a few of my students. I think I need a hug!

19. Triactus

Media:
    I just got back from my kickboxing class.... oh my god... I think I never sweated so much in my life. I just want to lie very still and drink water... :goodbye:

20. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I get to go in to work at 10pm next Monday to move drive connections from one server to another. Then I can fix the malfunctioning server. I hear that there's hope that we will be allowed to cluster the two after I get the old one fixed, so we can actually do real maintenance on them.
    What's going to suck is having to get up the next morning after having worked late...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.