1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hendak Gone

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by at5anle1, Sep 13, 2001.

1. at5anle1 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi All

Just finished the Slaver Quest Pt2 returned to the CC and Hendak appears to have gone walkabout. Reloaded still no sign is this a common bug and does anybody have a fix please

2. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

that has never happened before...........you havent killed him and forgotten.....not that he matters anyway. You can get the store items off Bernard.

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

you sure you checked everywhere?

but there might be a fix here at Baldurdash: http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/

WARNING: It's 3rd party and might screw your game

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Lol Lokken, throw that disclaimer in.

As for Hendak, I've noticed you can sometimes "bump" NPC's around. You didn't bump him from behind the bar into that background (directly behind the bar) did you?

5. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

6. at5anle1 Gems: 1/31

Hi Again All

Thanks for all the replies. I found the guy. he really had gone walkabout1 I found him in the Beast master cells, he really must have gotton bored waiting for me.

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

if you used shadowkeeper to edit your game at that time, hendak WILL disappear

8. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

ahh, nothing good ever comes from the :-x util, *sigh*

when people learn I will be a happier spammer ;)

Ofcourse Big B, I don't support 3rd party stuff ....even though I use some, thehehe...

and it truly might screw your game, can you believe it, I actually used SK once, baaaad thing. Had to delete everything and start from waaay scratch

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 13, 2001).]

9. Big B Gems: 27/31

Well I haven't used SK that much. The worst thing it's done to me is take my Bhaalspwan innate abilities and my charm animals away from me. Of course I could use it to get those back but it's no big deal, life goes on.

10. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

now that you mention it, a small bug i've noticed in the cc: after i free the slaves the gladiator in the cell with hendak is still there and begging me to free him :) Also i forgot to pick the tuigan bow from the beastmaster and when i remembered to get it back (i just left the cc and came back in about 2 minutes) thebow was gone for good :( *sigh* something like this had happened to me in my first time in the planar prison where vital quest objects just disappeared and i was stuck in the prison for good. Now shadowkeeper was handy then...

11. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

You could also have used the Console to make your quest-vital items. Hendak's dissappeared for me, too, all of my times through the game but one. >_< As for the bow... maybe the CC's janitor took it? *LoL* Actually, I think that items are supposed to be picked up by scavengers if they're lying on the ground for too long, but.... Not quite THAT quickly!!

12. fattyolumpkin Gems: 1/31

He'll be there, just look around

I had the same problem, and after reading the advice, i looked around the CC for awhile. it took me 4 full walkarounds, and i thought he was for sure gone, but finally i found him hiding behind a wall in the concubine area. and so worth it for the exp and items.

13. Bluerose Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Way to go for topic resurrection ;). But it's good that you managed to fix your problem.

[We're fine with on-topic thread resurrections most of the time. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Ehh just spawn him with the CLUAConsole. That was what I did one time. It is not cheating if you use it to workaround obvious bugs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.