1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mandatory Gaming Amenities

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by War Nerve, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

And there lies the issue....hot date with wife? Your wife must peruse these forums as well? Getting in some brownie points are we Harbourboy?... Oh wait, I get it now, you're a Newleywed aren't you? That would explain it.:p

Talk to me in a couple of years and tell me which would you rather be doing.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Harbs is hardly a newleywed. Neither am I for that matter, but I'd much rather have a date with the wife than play a computer game.

For example, both kids are gone all week at sleepaway camp. I think I've spent about 1/2 hour on the computer at home. We went to a play last night, made an awesome Ahi dinner the night before, saw a movie, have had margaritas by the pool on a daily basis, we're seeing John Fogerty at the Hollywood Bowl tonight, and I forget what is happening tomorrow, but I'm sure it's good.

Notice the absence of computer games in that list.

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I know DMC, just a little humor being thrown out there. Do notice i did say "A really good night of gaming is like a date. Dim the lights, some good food and a nice drink(i prefer fresca and grey goose, mostly goose)." Kinda like what your describing. But it's definitely not better than a date, well at least not a good one. Somehow, i seem to say the wrong thing to the wife during date night though and sometimes gaming might be the better option, for my health at least.:p No need for any remakes of Ms Bobbit!

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    A date with the wife? What little I can recall of them are but faint memories... I have dates with the wife less frequently than I have nights I can devote to gaming. When you have a kid who isn't even two years old, dates with the wife consist of a Netflix movie and microwave popcorn.

I agree that a date with the wife is better than gaming, but we are speaking hypothetically. I can just as easily say I would like my job better than I currently do if it paid three times what it currently does. But since that's also unlikely to happen, it's only true in a hypothetical scenario.

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Time cures that problem, AFI. You should, even now, be cultivating a flock of teen-agers to babysit the Foppish Offspring, that way you can go out when you want/need to. The FO will, in a couple of years, be supremely happy to have you and the Foppish Wife go out and leave him with babysitter du jour. Of course, if you intend to have more Foppish Offspring, this will certainly delay the process.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I meant a beer followed, like half and hour later, by coffee. Who would mix coffee and beer anyway ? :confused:

And for the beer preferably a Fin du Monde, Trois-Pistoles, Köstrizer, Don de Dieu, Delirium or McEwan's Scotch. As for the coffee as long as it's strong I don't really mind. My coffee brewer is awesome anyway :lol:

7. Déise

Déise Both happy and miserable, without the happy part!

I tend to play in a queit room, away from others, usually at night. It helps to make sure others are away.

A drink is pretty much a prerequisite for me :beer:. Lager generally, though I do have ale the odd time. Ale fits in well with the whole medieval theme I think (hmmm, where can I get mead?). Brands tend to change quite a lot as I like experimenting. Newcastle Brown Ale is usual for ale, though Barmy's recommendation of Spitfire is top notch if I feel like splashing out a bit extra. Cider gets the odd go. Preferably putting it into the freezer for a while beforehand, letting little ice shards form. Though the catch is remembering to take it out before you're left with just a lump of ice.

Munchies will go hand in hand with the beer. All sorts, really.

For the above reasons I now find it very hard to play games that require me to play games with both hands! The Witcher keeps getting abandoned. IE games are perfect though, and I still have a long while to go before I complete all of them.

War Nerve likes this.
  8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Now that we're off the wife-date topic, I can't think of any amenities that are essential for gaming. I just use my normal PC, desk, and chair. I have a drink if I'm thirsty but no differently than I do at any other time of the day.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] It's a shame mead is so expensive, £12.50 a bottle at LARP! :jawdrop:
    Cidar can be a good alternative if you just want to feel authentic :p

I've taken to making a cup of tea the past week when I've been gaming, I can just dunk a biscuit during a cutscene :)

10. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yeah I will always get changed into somthing comfortable like a tracksuit, get a few beers, some very unhealthy food in large quantities like chrisps and nuts and plenty of tobacco to smoke.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.