1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big Hello (Again) Thread

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Shell! Long time no see, I wondered what happened to you. Wait, because of java you can't use messenger? What? AFAIK it doesn't uses java at all :confused: were you, perhaps referring to the web platform of messenger? Also, using a dedicated IRC software you should be able to visit FAI. Unless your friend prohibited you to install new software I guess.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I've just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out where my post went :mad:
    Thanks guys, and Ofe, I don't know why it has problems with messenger it just comes up with connection errors, the same with *certain unmentionable programs* (pm for details) ;)

4. Buster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

help needed

HI All

new to this great site and needing to get used to it! Also got a question I need to ask. [Please check the NWN2 forum. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2009
  5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Welcome! If have any questions, feel free to ask.

6. Ragnaroky Gems: 1/31

hi there, another forum noobie here

hi sry , i may sound repetitive to all here...but i'm new in here and just thought i'd say hi to all.
    i been downloading from this site for a while now but never explored it much until today and decided to join the forums...
    i love all black isle games incidentally, bg,bg2,iwd,iwd2,pt,nwn,kotor,fo 1 2 and tactics..... only other game that takes up my time is diablo 2
    well thats me :)

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Hi there :)

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hi, Rag, :wave: Welcome to SP. Have fun.

9. Ragnaroky Gems: 1/31

thx for the welcome people , some of these forums the older members become a bit snooty but seems grand in here :)
    i'll enjoy picking your brains for advice and having the craic with u all in the future

10. barbaraloqw Gems: 1/31

I was looking for hello thread and I can't find it....
    and .... bang!!!
    red letters in the middle of my screen :p

Of course I don't want write here my life history or something but just say simple plain "hello"

this guy is with me: :cool: and he has more friends like: [​IMG] :grr:

11. Casca Gems: 1/31

Hail and well met.

Hello all,

I am new to this blogging and posting, so I will keep it short. I have been playing DnD type games for about 30 years and have a home gaming group that has been around for about 5 years.

I am interested in learning just about anything so be kind and let me in on all of your gaming secrets. ;)

Casca

12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Welcome aboard! :wave:

13. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Just swung by to drop off something in CS I'd worked on, because it seemed to be the right thing to do.

14. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey, how about coming back? Lots of people are asking about you, you know... and I'd certainly like to see you posting again.

15. Chuklz Gems: 1/31

Hello from southern Colorado. I'm a long time fan of all the old D&D based games that were created in the hey-day. Heck, I even played the old text only games before we had real graphics. :geezer:

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I never knew about this thread when I joined (which seems like ages ago) so Hi. Hi to you newbies as well xxx

17. Putz Gems: 1/31

Hello World!

Hello World!

I've always loved Baldur's Gate (I'm actually playing through II very meticulously for the first time). I've always enjoyed browsing the website and looking at guides and mods and such, so I thought I'd join the forum.

:)

18. Bodhi Gems: 1/31

Hi

Don't know if I intro'd myself back in '05 when I first joined.
    I just edited my avatar and wanted to introduce us. Those that have played BGII will recognize her, she is my favorite NPC from that game. And ties in to the fact that I am also a big fan of White Wolf's Vampire series of games, cRPG & PnP. I am a Childe of Malkav. Not the crazy bunny slipper wearers either.
    In the mundane world I am recently retired from the University of Nevada, not UNLV!, and my avocation is now my vocation. I am a sports official. Mostly fastpitch softball now with baseball and basketball mixed in. I helped my eldest daughter coach her 7th grade basketball team right after I retired.
    I umpired my 1st baseball game in 1961 when I was 16, so this year will be my 38th year of umpiring. Yeah, I'm an old fart. Been married to my best friend for 35 years now, have 2 daughters and a son, and 5 grandkids.
    I am a site administrator for our Reno_Roleplayers site on yahoo. As you can probably tell, I love to play games. Of all kinds.
    Enough for now, I have dark halls and dreams to haunt searching for my next meal...uh game i meant game.
    Bodhi

---------- Added 0 hours, 8 minutes and 52 seconds later... ----------

Don't know why the Avatar isn't appearing, guess you'll have to go to my profile to see her. I tend to play female characters in the games I play.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  19. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Great intro, welcome aboard!

Your profile picture and avatar/portrait are not the same thing. Check here for info on how to get an avatar/portrait.

20. Azereki Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Been a lurker on the site for some time now. I finally decided to register an account. Happy to join the community!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.