1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thieves' Guild and the Underdark

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Rastamage, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Rastamage Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm running the mod that lets me have multiple strongholds. I've enjoyed the thieves' guild so far. I'm concerned about what happens when I go the Underdark, though. Is it possible to have my guild taken away from me if I take more than 8 days to finish Spellhold and the Underdark before I get back to Athkatla?

2. Thalyr Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Strongholds are put on hold when you leave for Spellhold and resume when you return in Chapter 6. So no need to worry about it while you're gone.

3. Rastamage Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Oh, fantastic. Thanks. Now I can enjoy Spellhold and the Underdark without worrying about this.

4. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Try this..... DON'T PAY THE SHADOW THIEVES AT ALL.

Save a game and do a test run after doing this just to make sure it works. Here is something I did for a human thief I had work for Bodhi (who normally doesn't like them). The plot point here is that I didn't want to give Shadow Thieves a cut and certainly not if I was going to fight them.

To avoid having to pay the Shadow Thieves here is a simple (relatively) process:

1. Use a charm type/like spell on person you pay for the Shadow Thieves (note-don't use doom or other helpful spells that make it easier to charm him but make him hostile first).
    2. Get him out of and far away from the guild. (Get your party close to the door, tell him to attack a party member, then have your party go through the door to outside of your guild-he sometimes follows you through the door this way, for the last step walk him and your party out of the view-a decent distance away from-of the guild and your doorman and have your party attack him)
    3. Never pay the Shadow Thieves again as they don't send a replacement for him.

It is important to take him outside of the guild because otherwise people in your guild start reacting when you attack him within their sight-you may not want this.

I've only paid the Shadow Thieves once in all the times I've had characters with a thief guild-thus this seems to work and I did not loose my guild.

If you want to have the thief guild and work for Bodhi start SoA as a human thief. Get the thief guild. Then Dual-class to something else. While you are still leveling up and your thief class is "inactive" talk to Bodhi and she will let you join her. Normally she doesn't like thieves and will not let them join her. You can be any of good, evil, cleric, druid, and so on and she will let you join. But not if you are an active thief when she first speaks to you.

Once you have leveled up your 2nd class enough you get your thief skills back (though they don't improve anymore) and she will not boot you out later.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I believe the only known bug is with the Ranger stronghold. If you have not completed all the stronghold quests before you go to Spellhold you could lose the stronghold.

6. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Fighter and spin-off classes still accumulate money in their keep's coffers, though. :cool:

Shaitan likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.