1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is ugly?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Because everything need's it counterpart, I give you the opportunity to express what you feel is ugly.
    Let's see how blind we really are! :rolleyes:

Anyhow here's what I find ugly:
    • White trash (people who have let themselves go to the point where no amount of exercise, surgery, bathing, speech therapy, or fashion sense can save them...)
    • American made cars (there are of course a rare few that looks good...like a 1965 Corvette Stingray)
    • The male figure (sorry guys, there's no way I could ever be gay...the male body is utilitarian and unattractive)
    • Jahiera (Just seeing if Beren is paying attention. :p )
    • The roads covered in snow and ice
    • Sumo wrestlers (not the best of spectator sports.....speaking of which....)
    • Really fat and/or old people that insist on wearing speedos, thongs, or string bikinis on the beach...or anywhere else for that matter.
    • Any color that is preceded by the words "hot" or "florescent"

Your turn.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Generally I find the colour pink ugly except for a few special circumstances. I own no pink clothing BTW.

I also find certain TV evangelists ugly. I have nothing against the religious beliefs of people but I don't like the feeling I get from the ones on TV who want you to buy into their church.

I really find racism ugly and war even uglier.

3. Kitrax

Media:
    It's funny, because while war is not a pretty sight, I find the tools and technology of war quite beautiful.
    This, or this, or this are just a few examples...

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Peter Stringfellow, Intolerance, People who stick there noses in to stuff that has nothing to do with them. However, the worst is armchair activists! The people who sit about whining about things but can never be bothered to get up and do anything about it

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Umm... Are we talking about ugly in a physical seance or a metaphorical seance?

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    According to the women that have seen it: Barmy's penis :lol: ;)

Kitrax, 8people and Montresor like this.
  7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Back several years ago (when I was still married to Witch Bruno -- my ex) we moved from California to Texas. I went ahead of the family for a summer job, while Witch Bruno stayed behind to supervise the movers.

After finally settling in Austin we had all our stuff delivered. Hours and hours were spend unpacking. At one point I was unpacking the "front closet" box. The front closet was where I kept all my sports stuff -- bats, gloves, balls, etc.. I noticed something missing. I turned to Witch Bruno, "Have you seen my basketball?"

She replied, "It was broken and wouldn't bounce, so I threw it away."

Now this wasn't just any basketball. It was my first basketball. I'd had it since I was twelve. But, resisting the urge to throw a tantrum, I dropped the subject (moving was always stressful for Witch Bruno).

A few minutes later, Witch Bruno came over to help with the box I was unpacking. She came across an air needle and asked, "What's this?"

"Oh, that's an air needle. You stick this fat end in a bicycle pump and this skinny end in ... say a ball that won't bounce, like a basketball, and pump it up using the pump so it will bounce again."

A few seconds later I learned the true meaning of ugly.

8. Kitrax

Media:
    Anything and everything my good man! :D

I think the big toe on my left foot is ugly. It's the result of a surgery gone wrong...so I actually have 2 toenails growing out of the same toe. Yes you read that correct, and no, you may not see it. :sleptic:

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The [censored] moron customers at work.

10. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Damn it BTA, I was coming here to make that exact joke...

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The Flu. It's really hard to look your best when you're barfing regularly. But then again, you have more important concerns--like getting healthy again.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm going to have to have a word with your mum about her big mouth!

.. sorry, couldnt resist that one.

Ugly is a morning before work, with no milk in the fridge....

13. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Aerie. ;)

Kitrax likes this.
  14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Modern art.
    Contemporary teen fashion. Especially that flourescent girl those preteens wear.

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Splicers (If you've played Bioshock you'll know what I mean)
    Sometimes I find reality ugly as well.

16. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    the male sexual organ.. I mean... what the f**k was nature thinking?

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Nature: "I'm blind drunk and have to finish this project by thursday... sod it anything will do."

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    let's see;

a Zerg (it's utterly repulsive, though quite efficient :lol: )

Well, I'm not Beren but I can vouch for her being one of BG2's most powerful character :p

Aye! She's not that powerful, whiny, and just plain annoying. To hell with her!

Tuesdays; Is there a more annoying day? I hate 'em

Montréal's Olympic Stadium; it's just ugly in the physical sense

Drows; I hate 'em! Even more the "I'm a good drow who renounced evil" kind of drows... Bloody dark elves.

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LMAO! :D

20. Helafase Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So called "Emo" culture.

Anything dying.

People who call other people ugly.

A noblewoman in a certain De'Arnise Keep.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.