1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
  2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    :banana: !raey wen yppah a dna...

Has someone changed Finnish fireworks laws or something? They didn't sell the smaller ones to over 15 year olds anymore.

ION, I'm getting a 19 or 22 inch TV/PC screen with all some of that sweet money I got for Christmas.

3. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I passed my driving test today! YAAAAY!

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Congrats CJ!

Driving sucks though :p

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    OMG! Been playing NWN2 a lot lately, and it just so happened I spent the maximum amount of gold possible on your keep; which nearly a quarter of a million (713,000 to be exact) and I wondered how much worth is it in real life currency.

So, I discovered it's about 995 USD$ per ounce or 15,920 $ per pound of gold. According to the 3.5 PHB a gold piece is worth 1/50 of a pound. So 713,000 / 50 = 14,260 pounds. So if that's 14.260 pounds * 15,920 $ which is 227,019,200 $ :whoa::jawdrop::aaa:

So, if an ounce is worth 995$ and a coin is 1/50 ounces, then a single gold coin would be worth around what? 90 bucks?

Of course, it's assuming that DnD ounces and pounds are equal to real life weight, and we've also no way of determining the purity of the coin, a 100% pure gold coin is unlikely, has gold isn't the most solid metal available. Also, the question of how on hell did Fearûn mined that much gold arises.

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I don't need them, but I sure do want them. And keep buying them . . .

And a happy New Year to all! :rolling:

I had to work today but only a few hours in the morning. So I am home, putting off fixing lunch, and happily wandering around the boards. Having a decent computer and even slow DSL is sure an improvement.

BTW, thanks to all of you here on SP. You make this place an interesting and fun way to connect with others and find out all kinds of useful and sometimes useless but neat stuff. :thumb:

7. Ofelix

Media:
    Ah, useless trivia is kind of a passion of mine, you see. I quite like gathering up knowledge there and there on a multiple sphere of interest. Out of intellectual curiosity mostly. I would make a good Bard I think, only I suck at music, so I guess I would be more of a lorekeeper. Pitty that, since Bards are arguably the coolest DnD class ever.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

12 pack of beer: Check.
    26oz of Absinth: Check.
    13oz rum: Check.
    Good cigars: Check.
    Tequila flavored Juicy Jay's (and the rest): Check.

All set to get wasted out my head.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

That seems like a LOT of absinthe... never had it myself, so maybe I'm wrong.

10. Ofelix

Media:
    You can't have too much absinthe ChickenIsGood, you just can't.

11. Disciple of The Watch

Unfortunately I'm stuck with the legal 40% alcohol Absinth. Which I shouldn't be calling Absinth since it's not the real deal.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The Hockey game promises to be good. The Americans opened a 3-0 lead, but Canada roared back to tie it up, and there's been some very rough physical play in the last 3 to 5 minutes!

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Halfway through the 1st of January...It's nothing special.

14. revmaf

Yayness, finally got one of my beloved games installed on the new PC. Not without some fits and starts, but now IWD2 is up and running the way I like it.

I am so lame, to be swapping CDs in and out of the drive to install a game on New Year's Eve. But there's a bowl game playing at the edge of my awareness and a bottle of mediocre wine chilling in the fridge (so I won't taste it too much, you know ;) ) and it beats the heck out of mingling at a party with people I don't like, which actually turned out to be a late option for me.

I would rather be here, all things considered. Three and a half hours till 2009 . . .:rolling:

15. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    *is wearing raindeer hat, practicing Pan's Labyrinth theme and enjoying the silence of a sleeping house*

Nearly 5 am into the New Year. :)

CJ: Congrats on the driving exam! :)

Trell: Red hair?

revmaf: Gaming was the plan of the evening here, too. I guess you still have an hour till midnight - enjoy your evening. :)

Happy New Year all. :)

16. Disciple of The Watch

:skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic:

One shot of beer. One shot of rum. One shot of Absinth. One shot of beer. Another shot of Absinth. Then another shot of Absinth. Then two shots of rum. Then two shots of my Jose Cuervo Golden Tequila. Then more shots of Absinth. Well on my way to F'edupness.

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Still 2 and 1/2 hours to go until the new year here. 'Tis near the tail end of the timezones that I sit. I think I'll go and take a bath so I can at least come clean into the new year.

18. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I found my pet hate tonight. It's when people don't acknowledge you are right in an argument when they clearly know you are. It does my fracking head in. The only thing that might be worse than it is people arguing things they know nothing about, like my sister (sociologist) arguing Microbiology with me (the Microbiologist). Which do you guys hate more?

19. revmaf

And 2009 is here, and I'm still here, too. Oddly enough no one in the neighborhood set off fireworks. Admittedly it is cold (for here) and fireworks are expensive and we're in a recession, and furthermore I don't like having amateurs set them off near my house, but I find myself a little disappointed that I had nothing to curse at when the year began.

Oh, the perversity of human nature. I should have gotten drunk after all. Eh, it will all look better in daylight, I'm sure. :nuts:

20. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm sorry I didn't get around to it sooner, but I feel inclined to wish you a happy new year. I'm not being silly, it's already 6:12 here. Err hehe...Sorry...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.