1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do you kit a multiclass?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by nataben1314, Dec 20, 2008.

1. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Could someone please let me know how to add a kit to a multiclass?

I mean I know you can use SK, but the problem with that is that I don't think its so simple as just adding the kit, you have to also reset certain key stats and so on...

Could someone help with a step-by-step guide of how to add a kit to a multiclass? :help:

Thanks!

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, if you want to kit an NPC, then the easiest way to do it is to use the Level 1 NPC mod from G3. It allows you to change NPC classes, kit multiclasses, and more. It’s a fantastic mod.

Otherwise, most people set the level to 0. I’ve never done it this way, so I can’t be much help there.

What I do is create my multiclass in multi-player, and also create a single class of the kit I want to change the first character to. I play until the level of the class in the multiclass is the same as the single class kit (which I don’t level up), save the game (a “real” save, not a quick one), and open up SK. On the Characteristics tab, I select the kit (if it’s a mod kit, you need to click the “set value” button and copy it from the single class kit). On the Innate tab, click the Kit button and select your kit. Make sure the abilities assigned correspond to the single class. Lastly, copy over everything under the Affects tab from the single class to your multiclass. I also review the other tabs to make sure there aren't some other things I need to adjust (such as thief points if I SK to an Assassin).

The "set to 0" way is probably easier.

3. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31

set the level to 0... I dont know if this does anything?

I set the level to 0 in SK to a character I made earlier and he still had all his attributes at level 0... it didn't change his stats....

4. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Since you can't do it in the regular engine, it has to be done through SK or the like. For special abilities (called shot, etc.) you can just go to the Innate tab and select the Kit button. This will add abilities for the appropriate class from level X to level Y. For other things (like the Monk's speed, Archer's bonus to hit, etc.), I'd go with level 0. To do this, select the multi-class you want (maybe ranger-cleric), add the kit you want (archer), then go to the main attributes tab, where you have levels and the like. Look at what position the kitted class is in you're selection (it's ranger-cleric, not cleric-ranger, and we're kitting ranger, so it's first) and set that level to 0, so you're levels look like 0/8/0 or something, but your XP is untouched. Save and load the game. The game will split that XP between the two classes and, seeing that Ranger lvl 0 has enough xp to level up to level whatever, it will level you up, adding abilities and the like along the way. I've never tried it with level 0 before, but I'd guess it'll work. If not, set it to lvl 1 instead.

5. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31

I tried what you suggest NOG, but it didn't work... my stats were totally different then what they should be. I dont see what setting to level 0 does. Suppose my HP are X when I start the game. I add a kit and then set the kit level to 0. I start BG2 back up and gain my levels back in that kit... but now my HP are going to be X + Y, where Y is the added HP from gaining all these new levels.

So suppose I have an 8/8 Ranger/Cleric and I do this method to make him an Archer/Cleric or something. Now I will have the HP of someone who has 8 cleric level ups, 8 ranger level ups, AND 8 archer level ups! Same with thief skills, spell counts, and so on.... :(

You have to change ALL the stats of a character, but I don't know what the stats should be to begin with so I dont know what to change them to!

Maybe I'll just play as a mage/thief instead of mage/swashie! :( lol

6. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

If you change to a kit with SK, it seems that your innate abilities sort themselves out at the next level up.

7. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, you do have to reset certain things, such as HP, thief skills and known spells. SK will not fix this for you.

Setting the class to 0 gives you its innate abilities (granted at lvl 1) and resets your saving throws.

So what you should do is create the character you want, then create a lvl 1 version (via TuTu or BG1 or some other method). This way you can see what changes have to be made.
    Set THAC0 back to 20, thief skills to 25 (I think), HP back to a lvl 1 class (table is in the manual). Then set both classes to 0, go ingame and level up.

That should probably do it.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    An old post of mine on the subject. I only vaguely remember now, but I am certain that what I wrote then is correct. I apologise for not having used a spell checker then. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.