1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :coffee2: My coffee is black as a nightmare. So far so good. Except that my colleagues falsely claim that serving my coffee constitutes aggaravated assault, with an emphasis on malice. They're unfair and ignorant. Coffee ought to be that way.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Coffee should be as you want it. I would never judge another persons coffee. Personally I like to lighten the nightmare a little with some milk.

@ Flix - I've noticed that Nakia isn't around too. Maybe you can PM her.

3. Ragusa

Media:
    D'fly,
    so do I. I make it so strong to make sure that the milk will not water it down.

I concede that being so strong makes the coffee pretty icky when it stands and concentrates. That's why I only make half coffee pots.

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

What about sugar?

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

There is even more snow then yesterday!!! Oh the horror on roads,oh the joy of rear propulsion.

6. Ragusa

Media:
    :eek: No! No sugar! :eek:

7. Dice

Media:
    hehe ... I only make 1/2 pot too. I find that if it sits in a lit coffee maker for more than 1/2 hour it gets a distinctive yucky flavour.

In other news I HATE FUTURESHOP!!! Went to get a giftcard to use online to buy my videocard and the damn (and expensive) giftcard won't work~! Seem that just today they switched over companies to deal with the gift cards and something had gone wrong in the process. To make matters worse I tried to enter the numbers online 3 times and they suspendended my account for 24hrs! That really really pi...peeves me off. At least the clerk that I originally dealt with seems to be doing all he can to help me. The 1-800 line for futurshop just passed the buck twice when I tried to deal with them.

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Yes. Sugar. It went nice with my lemonade ;)

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I, too, like my coffee strong so milk won't water it down, however I do enjoy a little sugar in it.

Edit: A candle; an always lit lighter. Quite useful.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Okay, just been reading over a Teacher's union contract at work, and came across a curious clause.

"Salaries shall be paid fortnightly by direct credit to the employee's nominated bank account, except that individual employees may on religous or ethical grounds apply in writing to the Secretary for Education to be paid by cheque"

I can't think of any reasons, ethical or religous, that would prevent someone been paid by direct credit. Any help?

11. Ofelix

Media:
    I am baffled as well Rotku, what has religion and ethic to do with cheque and direct bank account??

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I was thinking maybe some religious/ehtical stance again technology, but then, really, to bank a cheque certainly involves technology. I don't know, it's just strange.

13. Dice

Media:
    Probably the company is just making sure that all bases are covered.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

There is a foundation crack in our house somewhere that allows water to seep in soaking ht ecarpet under my computer desk when we get a large amount of rain.

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I need a shot of energy. :sleep:

In other news, I want to smash this crappy work computer in to tiny little bits. :smash: :rolling:

16. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

From my window I can't see my car. All I see is huge snow mound!

17. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

/me pokes Kitrax with a cattle prod

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    My grandmother always drank very strong coffee. We called it a cup of heartcramp, and that's what happened eventually :(

Here's to you grandma! :coffee:

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Snow, snow, and snow again! Stop it already! I tired of it! I demand spring

20. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    The 'Polar Bear' got my car too. He's a real SOB, that guy. I wonder why any superheroes haven't stopped him. :grr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.