1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen Mod Relationship

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Vhailor, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Vhailor

Vhailor Justice is not blind, for I am her eyes Veteran

I couldn't get the relationshiop rolling. Does anyone know what words I should have used/how I should act?

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Listen to what she has to say, offer words of wisdom (they score BIG points on the KindnessCounter, a vital part of the romance), and most importantly TAKE YOUR TIME - Imoen is VERY DIFFICULT to romance... though the payoff is well worth it, IMO.

Speaking of the Kindness counter... you need to reach a threshold of points before the event that triggers the romance occurs. It also occurs at a very specific place in specific conditions, too.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  3. Draspin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Can you un-install it again, without messing up the whole game?

4. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I usually start a game over after uninstalling a mod. It *might* work, but with the amount of gameplay time before a bug could show up, I like to just start fresh. Then again, I play small, targetted installs with a few chosen mods, then blow the whole game away and rebuild a clean install from scratch each time, which is kinda overkill.

It is possible to uninstall and reinstall mods and still use savegames, but the rule of thumb is that in order to use a savegame, it has to be the same mods in the same order. Depending on the mod, you can add to the install and be reasonably certain that thi9ngs wioll be ok; and if you add a mod then play then uninstall it but revert to a save from before you started any of the mod you removed's content, it might be ok. But it is always risky.

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yep, especially as the ToB section isn't completed yet. You are aware that Ascension is a ToB mod, aren't you?

Did you start a new game? Where are you currently in the game?

In general, you need to be nice to her. There is a very important point which you need to get right if the relationship is to continue- this is why your current location is important.

6. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

7. SpadeOfAces Gems: 1/31

Actually, I too am having a weird problem with the Imoen Mod...Every time I install it, Imoen disappears from my game. Her portrait is there, but unselectable. I hope some one can tell me how to fix this, as she is my favorite character and I'd really like to play this mod.

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This is weird. I have Imoen Romance in my mega-mod installation and have managed to finish it succesfully with zero bugs and problems.

Do you have the official patch? G3 fix pack? And also, did you get the Imoen Romance mod's official patch? (yes the mod has its own patch which must be applied to the mod before installing it IIRC)

The romance itself is very well written, and is presented in a very pleasing, artistic style, music changing from sweet to eerie swiftly depending on the situation, etc. There are so many in-game cutscenes which greatly enhance the depth and role playing aspect of the game. This mod really flesh outs Imoen, although she is one of the most important NPCs in BG saga, she did not have much dialogue (none in BG1 AFAIK) or interaction up to now. This mod rectifies that and even adds much more!

There are so many options to choose in any given dialogue or situation, from sugary sweet to indifferent to downright hideous and horrific things, the mod gives much freedom to the player to play out his character. And Imoen is very in-character too, her responses were just like I expected from her character and personality.

You must avoid other romance interests and drop the romances early in the game or else the Imoen romance will detect this and the romance won't start. Once the regular Jon Irenicus dreams are over, Imoen romance dream sequences will start (and they are all a real delight to watch, what with the music and characters and dialogues) and more and more things will happen once you save Imoen.

There was a very good Romance guide somewhere in the web. It tells you to check which globals to see if the romance is running, and if you are succeeding in it. (there is one tough moment to overcome for the romance to continue near the end, and it depends on ALL of your previous actions.) It also gives brief hints to succesfully romance Imoen.

Hope this helps.

I really appreciate every BG player to at least give this mod a try. It is a piece of art, IMHO, and must be cherished. Simply calling it 'incest' (which is even open to much discussion) and 'yuck!' does this mod a great injustice. Players are not their characters.

Your character can assasinate, murder, torture, kill, rob, mutiliate, and do all sorts of horrible things in the game. Actually I know many players enjoying evil game play. So are they really evil and murderous wretches in real life? Ofcourse, no, assuming this would be really silly, to put it quite bluntly.

So your character can have multiple, homosexual, and even incest romances in your game if you think it would be interesting and the mod in question is good material. I see nothing wrong with that.

9. SpadeOfAces Gems: 1/31

I seem to have fixed the problem. It seems that the G3 fixpack was conflicting with it and thus rendered Imoen nonexistent...I nevertheless completely reinstalled the game, installed only this mod and the avatar morphing script and it seemed to fix the problem. Now if I could only find that walkthrough I used to have...With Lord M's site down, I have no idea where to get it. Anyone know?

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
  11. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Anyone knows what happened to the site? Or Lord M' for that matter?

12. TKH Gems: 1/31

Hi, I have a problem installing the imoen mod. When I double-click on Setup-Imoen.exe, I get something that says "Error: unable to find DIALOG.TLK in: dialog.tlk"
    Please run this programme in your infinity engine game directory.

As a computer noob, I have no idea how to do anything of the sort, and I'm not sure what's really wrong. The mod itself is installed in the BG2 folder, and I can see the file dialog.tlk in the folder as well. I hope someone can help me.
    Thanks!

13. EchoLegion Gems: 1/31

Don't the gods of legends incest ALL THE TIME and so do too their offspring so techniquely it's just another, lets make babies to see if they hav 1 or a hundred heads.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.