1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Abazigal refuses to die

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by senex, Feb 25, 2008.

1. senex Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

This has already happened in earlier games and could be solved by reloading, now that doesn't seem to work any more: when Impr. Abazigal is Near Death the trigger for his final speech doesn't kick in and consequently he can't kick the bucket. I've gone through this fight 4 times now but it's always the same. CNTRL-y doesn't work. It's a rather long and difficult fight and very frustrating when you think you are there and then aren't.
    Any ideas how to trigger that speech? Many thanks in advance.
    Set-up: patch, fixpack, Ascension, UB, QP, RR, SCS2, Tweaks

2. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Weird, this happened to me once but reloading fixed it.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

3. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Glad to see you made it through Sendai. ;)

I have (or had, really, since I completed my runthrough a couple days ago) a very similar mod installation and I've had the exact same issue, pounding Abazigal beyond Near Death for a couple minutes to no avail -- I believe it stems from either Ascension alone or an odd Ascension/SCS2 script combo, which is a shame, because that battle is one hell of a ride.

What I did to "resolve" this issue was to uninstall that Ascension component. It's not much of a fix per se, but it got rid of the problem. I'd already finished the fight up to Abagizal's permanent Near Deathness, so it wasn't that much of a blow to not be able to "officially" complete it. You could also SK the experience if you really, really want it that badly (I believe it's 29,000XP for the purple dragon and some ten thousands each for the four extra wyverns).

Oh, and about that last confrontation... if you have the Final Ascension Battle component installed as well, I might just as well warn you that I've had several Near Death problems when confronting the Five at the Throne of Bhaal, causing a premature uninstallation of that mod on my part. Your mileage may vary, though, and hopefully you won't be robbed of an epic battle due to several "bugs". =/

4. -David_W- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

My bad: it's a bug in the Ascension component of SCS2 that must have crept in between critical-path testing and release (I haven't had many reports of people trying the Ascension+SCS2 combination, so this is the first I've heard of it).

If you want to fix it (pending the next release, which won't be for two or three weeks), you can edit the file

scsii/dragon/dw#abazdrag.ssl

and add the lines

IF
    HPLT(Myself,20)
    Global("Death","LOCALS",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("Death","LOCALS",1)
    StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
    END

right at the top, then reinstall SCS2 (or at least, the "Dragons" and "Ascension" components).

Sorry about this. I'd be somewhat interested to know (other than that!) how the battle with Abazigal goes with SCS2 installed, and indeed how the rest of the Ascension fights look in an SCS2 install.

5. senex Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Thanks for the fast help, will try it ASAP.

About the Ascension fights so far: ( SPOILERISH- for those who want to try out SCS2 !!!)

-Yaga Shura: somehow the dialogue scrpits seemed to be 1 step ahead of what actually happened in the game. I got the first Yaga dialogue "What, I'm wounded, this can not be...." as soon as the party entered the map. The Lieutnants and Fire Giants arrived at the bridge before I had a chance to cross it and they spawned from both sides to put me in a very unconfortable sandwich position. Yaga Shura then had nothing better to do than to pop in right in the center of the bridge- and of my party- so things were a little ...cramped. Is that how it's supposed to play out? Frankly I rather it wasn't.

- Sendai: very good . I can't remember the last time I had to reload that battle let allone ask for help on a forum. A good challenge and even a fair one, though I won't tell you how often I cursed your name while waiting for the loading screen to finnish:D Definitely an improvement.

- Abazigal: I take it that it was your intention that Tamah doesn't appear until Abazigal transforms into a dragon? That was nasty, I had to use a long string of Timestops to avoid those wing-buffets, couldn't do it without that cheese.

...but not before she made it through half of my party:o Thanx again for your help. Looks like you worked as my personal Guinea pig:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.