1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Carras won't talk to me

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by senex, Feb 15, 2008.

1. senex Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Another broken script: it's the smuggler in the cave in Amektharan(sp), after killing the offensive monks I can't talk to him, he still has the blue circle but doesn't react in any way. My game is fully patched and fixpacked.
    I have been looking for console commands for Carras but couldn't find any. Can anybody think of a way to make him talk to me?
    Thank you.

2. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have the exact same issue in my game, so naturally I'm also very interested in finding out how to get him to react.

@Senex:

What mods do you currently have installed?

EDIT: I think a script (possibly SCS2's pre-buffing, I'm not sure) is interfering with the talking. Try saving after you dispatch the monks, then re-load. I managed to have Carras talk to me afterwards that way. Alternatively, you can just whack him over the head and collect all his smuggled goodies.

3. senex Gems: 2/31

Thank you, I will try that as soon as a find a way to deal with Sendai:o
    I do indeed have SCS2 installed for the first time and am having some issues with broken scripts that I never had before, most of them in Tob - Aesgareth, Yaga Shura,Carras and I'm not enirely sure if I'm really supposed to fight 3 or 4 Sendais + a dozen or so Drow fighters + high level mages at the same time- or maybe I am and just whine too much.

4. Ziggyveld Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

At once?! The statues "revive" randomly every few rounds, I believe, so if you're not fast enough, you may end up with too many to handle. The Haste spell works wonders here for the mobility factor alone. Don't be afraid to spread out your melee fighters in group of two and pre-buff a lot -- there's no one to dispel your buffs unless you take far too long and allow the Sendai mage some leeway.

If you have any divine casters, summon some Devas/Planetars in the entryway on your left before Sendai gives her speech and throw in a couple skeleton warriors and you have a fairly good cushion until mid-late fight, where you may want to re-summon some more. Again, the mage HLA Dragon's Breath completely wipes the floor of all but the drow wizards (I'd recommend a couple Khelben's Warding Whips followed by a spanking for those).

As for Sendai herself, her only forms you should worry about are her Mage Statue and her final self (and that's mostly because of the self-buffing). If you're really fast, you can actually surround her before she re-appears, then turn on Greater Whirlwinds/Power Attacks and whack her dead before her buffs even come up. Again, the Time Stop / Improved Alacrity combo works wonders here: summon up a couple Dragon's Breaths, Warding Whips, empty that low-level spell battery, re-buff if necessary, prepare a Wish, cast a SECOND Time Stop before the first ends (:D!) or even use all those contingencies/sequencers you've been saving.

I'd actually leave the drow wizards alone until the very end of the fight -- not only is it a waste of time to try and fight them just now, but after you dispatch Sendai and
    go through the Solar sequence,
    you're teleported back onto the battlefield and by then, most of their buffs have run out, so it's just a matter of dispelling what's left and kick their butts.

Besides, if you're playing Potion Coast Stratagems II, you should have half a billion Superior Healings left by now, so make liberal use of them. ;)

Mind you, it's not a very hard fight once you get the hang of it. It takes awhile, but it's nowhere as evil as some of the others (Watcher's Keep, I'm looking at you) you can encounter at this point.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  5. senex Gems: 2/31

wow, thanks a lot for the info, my problem is that when I reach the last stage even Edwin starts to run out of spells and then Sendai does funny things that allow her to summon more than 1 Celestial at a time- maybe it's time to swallow some pride and fight cheese with cheese.
    Ignoring those mages is a bit like playing with fire: 1 ADHW is OK, a double ADHW is more serious, but when you get hit by 2 triple ADHWs in the same round the Nr. of potions in my 5 or 6 potion cases doesn't really matter any longer...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.