1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #100

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Yet another day/night where I couldn't sleep at night, and kept getting interrupted in the day.Here's hoping that I can sleep tomorrow night at least. Have a Christmas party on Saturday...

Also I get to sleep in until 7 am on Sunday!

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Got my work's Xmas dinner party tomorrow night. To keep us sober this year, it's being held in the cafeteria , and we have to go back to work afterwards. :bad:

Meh...they tried that last year, and some of us in my department still smuggled in some booze. This year will probably be the same. Maybe I'll be the one who brings the vodka. :D :rolling:

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Chev,
    good luck finding a new job!

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    4 days...

I need a job.

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @Chev: It's a good thing the world needs competent lawyers with their hearts in the right place, or with a heart at all for that matter, now all you have to do is to find a lawfirm which would need that as well... :rolleyes: ...but I know you will :thumb:

6. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    And a haircut, a shave and a suit. Start being respectable you hippie. :p

Exams done. Let the keggers begin! Bring out the women! Play some music! Offer the prisoners to Bhaal!

7. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Kit, that's still cheap! In the UK those Oakley Sunnies would have been £95 and £200 instead :p My own sunnies didn't have prescription lenses in and they were £240 :eek:

8. Kitrax

Media:
    I guess I forgot to mention, that's how much I payed *after* my insurance payed their part. :bad:

The computer I'm using is really gross. :skeptic: :rolling:

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Wil Wheaton approved my comic about him!

Squeeeee!!!1!!

10. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Chev, you're a good person, probably better than me (faint praise, since that's not hard).

Got out of the K'ville meeting on my day off but got up with a miserable cold. Yuck. I have major volunteer stuff to do over the weekend and on Christmas Eve and this will not make it easier.

Oh, well, I could always use the remedy I learned about when I lived up north - peach brandy. If, that is, such consumables could be had in my remote tee-totaling corner of East Tennessee. I will inspect the corners of the pantry but I'm not optimistic.

Christmas approaches. I have finished shopping, have a little baking to do (maybe 9 more loaves), and only have a few presents to "wrap" (I'm stuffing them into gift bags this year).

In all seriousness (I know, wrong place to be serious), may the season bring you peace and joy. And babble. Ever more babble.

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm contemplating a job in the education field or starting my own company providing professional legal translation services, but I don't really have enough cash on my hand to cover the risk of the latter, especially as I don't have a client base at the moment. Things are going to improve when some of my older friends finish their training periods and acquire the right to practice on their own. I could try abroad, but my PhD course won't go with me and having to fly thrice a month would be shooting myself in the leg financially. My best friend's mother knows a decent law firm run by two university-related lawyers (probably both PhD or up), so perhaps those would be more inclined to relate with me. Let's hope something finally works since the PhD course takes up a lot of money.

12. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Back from being "sick" and missing work. What a drag to be back.

We're all ready for Christmas. Shopping is done and presents are all wrapped. Now we can enjoy it all. Unfortunately my wife has to work on Christmas day so I can't spend the day with her. :( Such is the life of the those in law enforcement, I guess. We'll enjoy it nevertheless.

Finally won at baseball on my PS2! :grin:

Now back to work. :sleep:

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*kicks this thread back to the top*

14. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Good luck Chev! Think of it as a time of possibilities.

15. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Why am I even awake at this time? Oh well, atleast Christmas holidays have started and I won't have to worry about exams for a few weeks.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I take offense at that. And, FYI, Hippie jokes should include :hippy:

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I've come to realize that Christmas is the most stressful time of year. We have to leave home at 8 am be there to set up tables and chairs for the Chirstmas party. It's like that every time. I think when I get my own family, I'll be one of the ones that shows up a little later--especially if my back continues to give me problems...

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Holidays are kicking in... not working for two weeks plus done with school until January 21st, so I'm gonna enjoy some well-deserved rest, let me tell ya.

Nah, just gonna guzzle caffeine and play Oblivion.

19. Kitrax

Media:
    Mmmmm...

I'm stuffed full of yummy prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes. :yum:

My boss got 5 bottles of booze from random people this year, I think I'll wander up to his desk once he goes back in to the cleanroom and sneak a swig if there's anything good. :evil: :rolling:

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @DoTW: Now THAT is a plan. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.