1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Expansions?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by ion, Jul 31, 2007.

1. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Several years ago I put about 60 hours into vanilla Morrowind. What a fantastic experience, but by the end my character was so ridiculously powerful, that combat was just silly. Also, after a certain point the whole world started to feel the exact same. This kind of turned me off to the expansions, because I didn't really expect much to be new and exciting.

I'm considering jumping back into the world of morrowind. Will my uber character be challenged. I could always start a new character, but I'm kind of attached to the original. I even built him a house and collected things from all over the world to decorate. Also, I'm not sure I want to spend the time moving through the original game if the new content is limited and not super interesting. Thoughts?

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm sure you've already heard of the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions? Other than that there are no real expansions released, only a few modifications such as "Siege at Firemoth" and unofficial ones which can be found in the database of Morrowindsummit. There is quite a big mod available that includes a new vampireclan that lives in a tunnelnetwork beneath Balmora, complete with an entire new load of missions, but i can't seem to remember the name at the moment, i'll have to ask my brother about that because he played it once.

But don't expect any drastic changes in the challenge though, both Tribunal and Bloodmoon are too easy for uberpowered characters, maybe slightly more difficult, but nothing that would make a level 90 character shake in his slippers.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    If you are indeed already lvl 90, then nothing's going to be a challenge anymore. On the other hand, if you're about lvl 40, you should try playing Bloodmoon with the difficulty slider set to 100. It can be pretty daunting still, especially when nearing the end of the Bloodmoon (werewolves hit hard!). I actually had to resort to some alchemy cheese to make it through that.

There's some mods out there which add more and more difficult monsters. There's Giants, which adds some monsters of the "I don't care if you have 500 hp and massive regeneration, I'll just kill you in one hit"-variety, but I generally like other monster mods better. Like Morrowind Additions, which adds a ton of new monsters, some of which are not even hostile and so simply enhance the atmosphere. And then there's Creature Pack, which changes the leveled monster list, adding monsters all the way up to lvl 150, should you feel inclined to go that far.

If you do decide you want to try the expansions, then try to find the GotY edition. It has both expansions, and is usually very cheap.

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I bought that one for 10€ to be exact, and even though i already had all original seperate copies in my possession, i couldn't pass on the opportunity. Just like when i found that big Icewind Dale all in one pack the other day. :)

5. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ah, I forgot about all the monster mods available. Now that might be interesting!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.