1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

About Faction in Morrowind (PC)

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Ofelix, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I can't decide wich to choose for my char! their is so many and I don't want to do FEDEX quest. I know their is no alignment in Morrwind but I'll say I have a ¨CN, Imperial, thief¨ so the Fighter and Mage guild are out for option, I wonder if Morag Tong could be an good0 option... Alos I'd like that the faction be in Balmora, if possible.

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Fyi, it's for the better if you join as much guilds as possible. Join them first before you go on any assignments, that way you can make sure the guilds paths won't cross eachother, cause some of them will eventually.

Even join a vampireclan for some time, just to build up your skills, it might come in handy later.

About which character to choose, i always play a Redguard, cause i just love the adrenaline rush that comes as a special ability with these guys.

But don't worry too much about particular skills for different races. If you do as much quests as possible, ALL attributes will reach 100 sooner or later. My Redguard is originally an archer, but he turned out to be an excellent melee fighter, spearsman, the best pickpocket and lockpicker on the block, an a topnotch wizard, with a truckload of spells in his lugage. The complete package, so to speak.

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I haven't progressed far enough to be able to answer the question, but your comments about "no alignment" made me think about my current situation.
    I am playing a spellsword. I joined the fighters guild and am doing the quests for them. However, when I was sent to collect money from someone, I didn't have the speechcraft or the "rep" to just have them hand over the money. I could taunt this person into attacking me, but I don't want to be an assassin. My character is basically CG. What can I do?

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Improve your speechcraft.

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Again, I have not progressed very far into the game, how would I best do that?

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31

By either taunting a lot of people, or by admiring them. Btw, you don't necessarily have to kill someone when you taunt him. It usually takes about 4 or 5 times to get them pissed, just quit a little sooner.

Or you could find trainers in that skill, and work your level up that way, much easier. You'll need to have a wellfilled wallet though. :D

7. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

A master trainer for speechcraft should be in Vivec, at one of the houses at the upper floor.

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31

You can find trainer locations here, so if you don't wanna be spoiled, then don't click the link. :D

9. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

The master trainer for speechcraft should be in Sadrith Mora as I recall (and one of the few that requires you be in a particular faction). Although there is a decent one for starters in Balmora.

Hlaalu, Fighters, Thieves and Mages all have bases in Balmora, and you can join them there. Although to complete them all you'll have to go elsewhere too.

Morag Tong are based in the town, but you'll have to join in Vivec.

Imperial Legion quests can be obtained at Fort Moonmoth, but you'll have to join and do quests at Gnisis first.

Think you can join the Imperial Cult at Moonmoth, but no quests there anyway.

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

No, for joining the Imperial Cult you need to head down to Ebonheart. That's one of the main things that stuck by me. Besides the fact that you get good items out of those quests, you always had to travel a friggin long distance to reach them.

11. Astin X Gems: 6/31

You will find everything here from hints, files, to walkthroughs.

12. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

13. L Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Having started again with me getting hold of Bloodmoon (all existing characters too strong), managed to join the Imperial Cult at Fort Moonmoth. That was where I joined the first time too. No quests admittedly, but you can join.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.