1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Munchkin - Great FUN

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Munchkin Blender, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Has anyone played Munchkin card game? It rocks; it makes fun of D&D but in a good way. I wish they would take the card game and make it into a video game that you play online with some friends. That would be extremely cool!

Munchkin

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    I played it once (my cousin has it).
    What can you say, it's a classic, "Gentlemen's Club", "Sneaky Bastard Sword" and "Stoned Golem" still crack me up. :D

3. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

My wife is not into role playing games but she like munchkin. It is a good game to play with 6+ people when you are all buzzed.

4. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    No, spin the bottle's a great game to play with 6+ buzzed people.

5. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Munchkin is a comic relief card game of D&D. Those of you who enjoy D&D and play with a group of people but sometimes end up getting bored or want to try something new should try Munchkin. I believe Amazon has sets available for sale.

6. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I have the following Munchkin Games…

Munchkin (The original)
    Munchkin 3 Clerical Error
    Munchkin 4 Need for steed
    Munchkin Bites
    Munchkin Fu
    Munchkin Blender
    Munchkin Cthulhu

I recently pick up Munchkin Cthulhu and have yet to play it. The other games combine to make Mystical Undead D&D style spoof game.

I personally love playing Epic Munchkin (level 10-20) because of the epic powers of classes and Races.

My favorite combo in the game to date is a 1/3 Breed Elf, Changeling and Gnome with Ultimate Munchkin of Thief, Wizard, and Bard.

7. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I think I've seen a Munchkin 2 at the local game shop. Is it any good?

8. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

To play Munchkin 2: Unnatural Axe it requires at least one of the other box sets and it plays best with the plain old every day Munchkin. The more Munchkin sets you have the better and funnier the game becomes.

I just added to the collection today from what I posted earlier. I just order Muchkin Fu 2 and Muchkin Bites 2. All I am missing now to complete my set of Munchkin is Munchkin 2 and Munchkin 5. If Munchkin Cthulhu 2 and Munchkin Blender 2 come out I will also purchase those two sets.

After I get all my sets in from various websites I will have a total of 1220+ cards. My wife wants me to buy Munchkin Die which contains an additional 14 cards; I believe of those 10 are not offered in any other Munchkin set while the other four are in Munchkin Blender.

I hate ordering online due to the delayed of delivery whereas going down to the local hobby store /comice store you have the game that day. The only good thing about ordering online is savings; I saved roughly $80 for my orders. I hate waiting, but I didn't want to spend $200 for this game, $120 isn't all bad for what I ordered.

9. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I wonder, is there a way to play it online? The city I'm in is not too big and I don't know if I will find enough people who are interested.

10. Condor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

It's been a long time since I played Munchkin. We used to play it in the evenings in the barracks. But now we sleep in a tent every night. 2 months left in green clothes. After that I will buy my own set.

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

My copy of Munchkin arrived today.

12. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

There is no online Muchkin right now, but I believe it is in the works and chances are it will come from the fans and not the company as seen in the forums.

Daie d'Malkin, which sets did you purchase? If you purchased just Munchkin than only play the game until level 10; if you order Munchkin and additional expansion than you definitely want to play epic.

As far as the game goes; I read a post where someone was creating rules to play Munchkin as a single player game. It sounded interesting as you limit the the number of times you kick down a door, but I think it is stupid since the best part of Munchkin is backstabbing (literally) your buddies so they don't win.

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Just the basic Munchkin

14. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

You will have fun, but it is a whole lot better with mutiple sets and playing epic.

The nice thing about Munchkin, compared to D&D, is that it is a card game and it is fun for a group who may not like RPGs but do like to help or torture each other.

I can't wait to have all my Munchkin Sets together. It will be a blast as I am suppose to have 10 people over my house the weekend I should have all my sets in.

Damn it all to .... with shipping delays due to color scheme update on the Munchkin game.

15. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

I finally have all of my cards in and one extra set from where I placed my order. It seems I received someone single order of Munchkin Blender. Since I do not take what is not mine I sent an email to the company stating they sent me an extra Munchkin Blender and gave them the customer information. I will not pay for the shipping of the item as I was not responsible for the error, but at the same time I want the company to know there is mistake so they can correct it and fix so that the other customer can get their order. I wonder what the company will do about the extra set I have?

As for the game; it is definitely a blast when you have 1200+ cards. I definitely recommended combing more than one set. It had a lot more humor to the game.

16. Mudde Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

"You should know better than to pick up a duck in a dungeon..."

Which is the best expansion to get if I only want one for now? I have only the first munchkin.

17. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

The regular Munchkin game expansions add to the prior expansion/game. To answer your question, the best Munchkin expansion to pick up if you have just Munchkin is Munchkin 2; which I was unable to find. If you want to spend a little more and add another Munchkin game/deck to the original, I would select a game that matches your taste.

For me I selected all the Munchkin games to build a fantasy card game that would match a D&D game I would DM. I personally like Munchkin Fu and Munchkin Bites over the original Munchkin, but the original Munchkin has both Races and Classes whereas Munchkin Bites only has races and Munchkin Fu only has classes.

When you plan on buying Munchkin you have to find out what you want out from the game and if you can afford more sets/boxes than go out and buy the extras. This way you are able to build the Munchkin deck that suits your gaming style. Once you have enough cards you can remove cards from the deck that you think are over powered or cards that will make the game to easy/quick. I am in the process right now of removing all the level one monsters from my Munchkin blender expansion; as this adds to many level one monsters and makes it easy for players to beat the game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.