1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Candidate Calculator

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by The Great Snook, Oct 1, 2007.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I gave it a try, just in case. I got Gravel, tied with Obama for 94.12, and followed by Kucinich and Biden. Interestingly, Guiliani was above 50%.

2. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I got Dennis Kucinich with 80%. I didn't even heard of this guy before.

Runner-ups were Clinton, Dodd and Edwards with percentages in the 70s.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

John Cox (R) -- 70%
    Governor Bill Richardson (D) - 67.00%
    Senator Joseph Biden (D) - 66.00%
    Former Senator John Edwards (D) - 62.00%

My Canadian upbringing makes most of my choices Democrats. I guess on monetary and SOME social policies I'm further to the left than I would like to believe.

4. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

another Gravel supporter here, apparently...

5. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    It doesn't surprise me to learn that I do not have much in common with these candidatest. My best match was Joseph Biden at 43.48%

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I got over 90% Gravel as well. He seems like a sensible person. I am sure he will never win anything. :)

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ohio Representative Dennis Kucinich (D)
    88.10% match

I love Kucinich. =D

Then came Gravel at 76, Clinton at 71, and Richardsson at 69. I wouldn't vote for Clinton even if my life depended on it as I consider Net Neutrality and the lack of censoring in video games to be dealbreakers.

Then came Biden, Dodd, and Edwards all at 66.67 while Obama was as low as 61.90%, that suprised me as I really like the guy.

Anyway, then came the big jump. From the low sixtes of Obama to the mid thirties of Ron Paul with 35. Then came Giuliani with 26, McCain with 23, Cox and Huckabee with 19, Brownback and Tancredo with 11, Hunter at seven, Romney at four, and Thompson as low as 2.38%

So yeah, not a huge fan of Bush cronies or other Neo-Con populists.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ohio Representative Dennis Kucinich (D)
    68.85% match

Now I can tease Rally. :D

Obviously, if I were American, I'd have to check those guys' voting records to see who I can get along with.

9. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Dennis Kucinich at a wopping 96%

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Funny: the few analyses I've seen point at him (Kucinich) as being practically a complete outsider, and it seems that here he gets a good deal of support - including by some people who actually can vote for him next year :p .

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    He is. The problem with polls like this is that you don't get to hear exactly where a lot of the canidates stand on the issues. Kucinich is considerably further to the left than any of the other Democratic canidates (and too far to the left for my tastes).

12. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not really. Kucinich isn't the only guy running who is pushing a national Single-Payer health insurance plan. Where people come down on him as a raving Liberal is his "wacky idea" that war should actually be a last resort and that maybe we don't need to spend more money on our military than China, Russia, the UK, Japan and the next 10 highest military spenders in the world combined (US military spending comprises 48% of all the military spending in the world). He's considered an outsider primarily because he never takes money from special interests. Compared to your typical Iraq war approving, Moveon denouncing senator, Dennis looks pretty liberal. Compared to your rank and file Representative, though, he's really just a smidge to the left.

Dennis's problem is one of labeling. He is more socially permissive than the other Democratic candidates and he is also the most anti-war (but not by much), but that's a far cry from being a kook or a radical leftist.

[ October 07, 2007, 01:07: Message edited by: Drew ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.