1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

LEAST Favorite NPC

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Please, no one hurt me because of the fact that I'm posting yet another thread about NPC's. But, if any of you don't mind, who's your LEAST favorite NPC? (p.s. this isn't a poll)

[ November 14, 2002, 23:31: Message edited by: Tarol'azh ]

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If there were an overpowered Kensai/Mage NPC in the game, I would select it as so. Otherwise, I pick Neeber.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm assuming that by NPC you mean someone you didn't create who can join your party. If so, then Cernd, with Anomen a very close second.

4. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

*cough* *cough* Imoen. She is such a little wuss. I never have her in my party past.. well, trying to kill her in irenicus' dungeon. Shame i havent succeeded yet, time to try disintegrate i think...

5. Muumli the Wayfarer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Heya...

Neeber is the Man.

Heya...

I would say that Cernd and Aerie are the most annoying NPC's in the game, although Anomen is a pompous bastard.

6. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

My least fav NPC is either neeber, or anomen.

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hmm...probably Jaheira. Anomen's actually alright...and I have never talked to Jaheira more then five times on Romance.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Nalia is the worst because she's the worst thief ever and she's not a very good mage either. She's too oblivious!

9. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In terms of personality, Anomen is my pick for worst because he's a pompous @!##$%^*.

Aerie is my pick for most useless person in a fight, you all know why.

10. Dhirngulin Gems: 3/31

I pick Imoen cause I hate the way out of all the party she suddenly got a 100k xp boost in the beggining of the game... :mad:

11. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Anomen!
    I hate him!

(you CAN NOT kill imoen at irenicu's dungeon)

12. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If it weren't for his constant chatter and anecdotes, I'd say Jan was the worst. Since I like his conversations, though, I'd say that Imoen is my hands-down least favorite NPC, followed closely by Keldorn. I think I have had each of them in only one party (which was one party too many).

Still don't understand why everyone knocks Nalia. Used correctly, she's awesome. A Tuigan Bow, magical arrows and lots of potions of master thievery and she's ready.

13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Haer'Dalis. :mad:

14. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well, I'd have to say Jan and Yoshimo. Man I really hate them!!! Stupid f*****' bastards!!

Why do you hate Imoen? I like her, so what that she whines? It's part of the story... if you're a good guy that is.

15. Camlan Gems: 3/31

I'd have to say Imoen too. His voice annoys me, and she keeps dying on almost every combat she takes part in (except in Irenicus' Dungeon thanks to that belt).

Pretty useful NPC in BG1, totally useless in SoA.

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Definitely Anomen. His personality is from deep, and his voice from deeper (from the same place as Neeber).

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Kill Anomen! Sometimes I kill him only to raise him so I could kill him all over again :evil:
    Shame he got chunked, but I guess you get that.

18. Saruman Gems: 3/31

I hate Anomen, he is a dickhead of the dickheads :rolleyes:
    Nalia and Aerie are pretty useless too, or that gay druid Cernd, who dies quickly, even if he's shapechanged in a werewolf :mad:

19. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31

We'll see about that! Other than Imoen i would have to say minsc, for his incapacity to get annoyed. Or edwin, for being too stupid to take off his bloody necklace.

20. Dhirngulin Gems: 3/31

Isn't his necklace "supposed" to give him the extra spells not just the super-high ego?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.