1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Portraits of celebrites.

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by trillex, Apr 21, 2003.

1. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I guess you think, "what is that doing in BG2 forum?" Well, I'll tell you.

Found a site with portraits based on celebrites and BG2 is mixed together. Some of them are not that great but there is some that is worth the download. I usually don't use custom portraits but this opened my eyes.

URL: http://www.karwal.dk/portraitportal/

I especially like Arnold Schwarznegger's. One of the best.

[ April 22, 2003, 00:16: Message edited by: Trillex Le'for ]

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have seen this site before but it appears that they have added a few new pictures since last time I looked. I never really cared for most of these photos and would certainly never use them in the game but a couple of them are good for a chuckle.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Really? I thought the picture of Ben Stiller would be perfect for a thief, Jude Law as either a Necromancer or a Drow, and Danny Divito (SP) as a dwarf. I like a few of the female portraits as well, but I have no need of them since I have never played as a female. :rolling:

4. Virus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is something wrong with me or the page doesn't work anymore? :confused:

5. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I just don't get it. How can anyone seriously consider putting up some stupid actor's face (which looks nowhere near like the other portraits in BG do) as a character portrait? Someone should make a portrait page with proper standards. Meaning, no low-res pictures that no-one can make anything out of. No pictures of any actors. No disney characters. No lousy scanned images of some books that everyone knows and certainly will not use in the game should they wish to get some sort of immersiveness into it at all. Etc. The only proper portraits are those of equal quality and style that as the original portraits. If someone can't come up with something at least that level, then they should forget the idea altogether (personal opinion of course, I'm just stating mine).

6. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I've actually been putting together a complete set of pictures for all the npc's-- photos from actors in movies. Yes, some of the downloaded photos come out better than others... the constraint of 72 pixels/in resolution doesn't help.

But I've chosen actors from roles that look very similar to the characters. And I really enjoy them. I was tired of scarred men and braided women.

I started with a picture of Jet Li from Tai Chi Master for Yoshimo. He's sneaking around a corner in a battle-torn tunic. It looks beautiful. I always thought Yoshi should have a more handsome face to go with that voice.

Anyhow that's how I started. Now I have
    Sean Connery- King Arthur/First Knight as Keldorn

Kevin Smith- Ares/Xena as Anomen (same handsome arrogance, same goatee)

Keith Hamilton Cobb- Tyr/Andromeda as Valygar (He even has Valygar's braids! And what a chest!)

Christopher Judge- Teal'c/Stargate SG-1 as Minsc

Halle Barre- Storm/XMen as Viconia

Claudia Christian- (from Babylon 5, I've forgotten this movies name. She's cloaked, in the woods- gorgeous) as Jaheira

Laura Beltram- Trance/Andromeda as Aerie (cute pointy ears, blond braids with little gemstones entwined)

Alyson Hannigan- Willow/Buffy as Imoen (this is one I was really happy to change. Her BG2 scarred picture is so dour and grim. I like witchy chipper smiling Alyson much better.)

So far I've only done this for my own enjoyment. I don't have Korgan, Jan, or Mazzy done. I'm not sure about how to give all the proper credit so that I could make them available for others. And, I'm still figuring out how to make the quality more consistent. But they've increased *my* enjoyment of the game. So what the hey?

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Am I the onlt one here who thinks that scars are sexy? They add character to a person.

Are you going to leave that embedded symbol on his forehead, or are you going to replace it with a tatoo? :rolling:

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Isn't the guy from Stargate black?

9. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Minsc and Dynaheir both appeared black to me, especially in BG1. Not black exactly, more mocha. I got a picture of him grinning maniacally in his Jafaa armour. Its so funny. And I did turn his gold emblem blue... as close as I could get to the tattoo. My skills with Photoshop are growing so we'll see. Boo is still problematic. I cut and pasted him in... but I need a actual hamster photo I think. Big bald warrior guys with hamsters aren't easy to find.

Imoen scarred, neurotic-looking and depressed is probably appropriate considering all she's been through. But sexy? Well, if you're into girls that scream if you look at them funny, maybe.

10. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

What to say?
    ....poor Minsc, and H.B. really doesn't look like Viconia (or any Drow). That is because she once had white hair in a movie, isn't it?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.