1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Committing Jan to the Asylum

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by FootSoap, Nov 14, 2000.

1. FootSoap Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My party is now in the Assylum trying to escape. I was faced with the awful choice to who to abandon. Uugh. I didn't want to leave Imoen after going through the trouble of rescueing her so I left my other, better thief Jan. I wanted to leave Jahiera, I'm mad at her anyway, for squashing Neeber under her boot heel after I turned him into a squirrel. However, she gets so indignent about it that I hate to betray her. Sorry to make a short story long. Is there a way to get Jan back later if I leave him there?

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

not until you get back to town... then i beleive he will be back at his home.

3. The Wretched Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG]
    I think you can go back to the Asylum in Chapter 6, so you might be able to get Jan back.

I think another way to do it, is to act like you're going to leave Imoen, and ask her if she can make it back on her own. She is able to, but if you feel guilty (because she does lay a guild trip on you) one of your other party members will volunteer to make their own way back, and won't have to stay in the Asylum.

4. Crazy J Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

So, I'm not the only one who feels guilty when trying to put out Jahira! There's something about her attitude that when you try, does just that!

5. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Pretty sure Jan will be back at his house in the city or in the government district UNLESS the only dialog choice was to tell him to wait here or unless you told him to wait there. Then the only place he'll be is right were you left him.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yeah...I had the same thing with Jaheira. After her Harper pals wanted to talk to me (didn't want to spoil), I traded her in for Valygar for the PLanar Sphere quest. I haven't gone back to pick her up yet.

But she was bummed about it, and laid the big guilt trip about the "current circumstances" It's funny though - She annoyed me BG1, but I kind of like having her in the group now.

So, I'll probably pick her up again later.

7. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Actually, I feel I get to know the characters when you play for a long time, and you just don't wan't to part with them, the only person I have booted out so far is that ponce Anomen.

-Sep

8. FootSoap Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

That's exactly how I feel about them. I've been keeping Jahiera for role playing purposes. Even though she can be self-rightous at times, she still has been the most loyal of companions.

9. Atraikius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Try putting Jaheira and Korgan in the same party - they fight like their brother and sister. When I finally was given the dialog choice of telling them to shut up and stop fighting, they both did the humble "but we were just having fun" like a couple of kids, I expected them to start calling me dad.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.