1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Latest Poll Results - Killing Drizzt

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by Taluntain, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    What we asked:

Q: Have you killed Drizzt in the original Baldur's Gate?
    (824 votes total)

Yes, I have (368) 45%
    No, I haven't (246) 30%
    I haven't played the original Baldur's Gate (91) 11%
    I've tried, but gave up (80) 10%
    I don't remember (39) 5%

Who would have thought that the relative majority of our visitors who have voted in the poll (45%) decided to kill Drizzt despite him being a force of good in the Forgotten Realms? I guess the lure of all those shiny ones he's carrying was just too much...

However, saving the honour of humanity (well, somewhat) are the 30% of those who didn't kill him back then.

11% of the poll participants can be sorry for not having played the game that started it all; SP among other things...

10% of those who have voted in the poll tried killing Drizzt, but gave up and went on their way through the magic of Saving and Reloading.

Finally, 5% of the people who have voted in the poll have cloudy memories of this event, so we'll never know what REALLY happened in their games...

» Current Poll
    » Previous Polls

[ October 21, 2005, 14:55: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh my, we are an evil bunch aren't we. :evil:

I have killed Drizzt once or twice - mostly for the challenge and not to get his uber-items though.

3. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

You know it! :cool: :D

4. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I killed him with my own drizzt character and with an uberized BG TotSC char... just for fun though you wont beable to kill him if you are actually playing the game. 98 magic resistance and -10 ac in BG1=uber

5. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

lol, of course it was for the shiny ones!! I mean, his scimmys totally rock BG1!!
    BUT killing him the first try took 21 tries (i counted :p ) AND i was maxing out the summons you can use on the wand of monster summoning. The only way i could beat him was on a rare occasion that ALL the monsters summoned by the wand were hobgoblin archers, and i had to keep my distance. Anyone else have a ton of trouble killing him?

6. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well I haven't killed him, but he did die in the fight with evil vampiric Sola. I got to have a quick look at his stuff before that friend of his came along to collect all his gear.

7. MrNexx Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Technically, the majority did not attempt to kill him... the plurality (the largest number, which does not exceed 50%), however, did. [/pedantry]

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I killed him in BG ToSC (entagle and lots of arrows and bullets coupled with lots of tries) so I tried to kill him and his friends when they confronted me in BG2. Big mistake, they took me out without raising a sweat.

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:bs: Who wouldn't at least try? For the challenge, if nothing else. Drizzt is THE most powerful enemy in BG1 (including TotSC content but not the ones like Gorion who insta-kill you even if that 'Holy Wrath' Flamestrike doesn't), so you'd think most people would at least test him to see what he does. I think that at least 200 of those votes were from people who checked it out but didn't want to admit how badly Drizzt slaughtered them. :p

10. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

I've played through the game six times (I think) and for the first five I couldn't even find him. :) For the last one, I encountered him at about level three and was no match, so didn't bother even trying. Then I forgot where he was...

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

seriously? i had a hard time killing drizzt in bg because of his immunity to all but critical hits but when i took his whole group on in bg2 i wasted them all easily :/

12. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I've played through the game half a dozen times, and not attacked him once. I've never wanted to. He's polite enough.

13. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    He carries some amazing gear, and the lure was just a bit too strong. First time, I was totally unprepared and he tore me to pieces... Got him next time around though ;)

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] MrNexx, you're right... Good catch. Now I have to wonder why no one has corrected me on this in all this time? :hmm:

I must have lost the "relative" before majority at some point and it's just carried on... I'll fix it in this poll and keep an eye out in the future ones.

15. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Only killed him once and felt guilty :o

Now I just stand by the side-line and watch the gore-fest as hundreds of gnolls meet their doom.. as Salvatore put it "the stupid goblins" errr "gnolls never saw it coming" (isn't that an icky backstab? Filthy Salvatore )

[ October 22, 2005, 02:05: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Didn't. Surely could have tried to take it just for the challenge of it and then reloaded but didn't feel like it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.