1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Generated Character

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Wise The Grey, Dec 19, 2000.

1. Hellfire20098 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The best character i have ever have was the one right from the start...

name:Jason Hellfire
    Race:Human
    Class:fighter/mage/cleric
    Level:19/17/21
    str:17
    con:16
    dex:16
    int:18
    wis:15
    cha:12

staff of magi
    robe of vanca
    and a shit load of spells.... put it this way i got so many that i forgot most of them.....

2. A human that's a fighter, mage, AND cleric??? A hack?

3. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hehe.. got ya there...
    Edit much?

Amon-Ra

4. Brauhex Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I think old Brauhex my faithfull Paladin (Cavalier) is quite well balanced.

Strength 19 (tome in BG1)
    Dexterity 17
    Constitution 17
    Intelligence 12
    Wisdom 14
    Charisma 19 (tome in BG 1)

He could have Dex 18 if I'd used the correct tome in BG1. He's got ++ proficiency in Two handed Swords, Long Swords, Bastard Swords and the Sword and Shield style. He also has + in axes. He is at -9 AC with the red dragon armour, helm +1, ring of protection +2 and Ring of Gaxx. He also has 70-100% fire resistance with the ring of fire control (when I remove the ring of Gaxx and replace it with ordianry fire protection it is 100%- allowing "fireball" tactics to work perfectly). Unsurprisingly he wields the Carsomyr and has a total of 55% magic resistacne with the silver amulet. Finally he has the boots of speed (as in BG1 also).

The thing is whilst this may look a little PG he isn't really. I worked this up from level 1. He is everything a Paladin should be (appart from stiving to have the best full plate armour)and most certainly isn't used as a "tank". I could use him as such if I were to give him the shield +4 and Gauntlets Of Dexterity (AC -15) but I choose to use him as this so he can be a Paladin and use the sword he rescued from Firkraag. I role-play the goody-goody Paladin but let his low intelligence means that he doesn't notice the other party members doing rather more "dodgy" things...

I've started with a Kensai with the intetion of playing through without dualling over.

5. Hellfire20098 Gems: 2/31

Well if ya think that he is hacked... well yes in BG1 i hacked it so that i could have a muilty-class human.... and no i don't hack characters.. i had betin the game so many times and i was bord of the same old class and the race's that go with them..

6. viva_el_tejo Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] I always set stats of my character in order that he could be competent without any item. For that I like good charisma and strength, ignoring the belts or the ring.

Think in the role: What if u ended the saga as the stronger bhaal spawn, an heroic fighter, but an emboscade of poor level 15 barbarians attack you when you are sleeping in your bed with aerie :happy: ? You can't hit them because the giant strengt belt is in the other room with all your equipment, so they kill you. Unless u sleep with a belt (what would aerie say?), your heroic character will be defeated by just common people.

Mmm, or perhaps only for that situations is that you has the slayer ability?

[Check the last post dates. No one posted in this topic since January. If you go digging up age-old posts, at least make sure not to reply to people as if they posted yesterday.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited December 23, 2001).]

7. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

OMG, should an anniversary post be needed here?!?!?:aaa:

[Go read the Rules/FAQ. If you have totally nothing to add to a post, DON'T POST!] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited December 23, 2001).]

8. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] This is definitely a topic to show how much everyone likes their characters. And of course, everyone should. I personaly like my Cavalier- 19 Str (Tome), Dex 17 (Tome), Wis-Int-Con all 15 (some with Tomes), and Cha 18. These are before any special item's. I'm very proud of him. I just started BGII so I can't wait to get him outfitted. I just have one statement: Most of these impressive characters are as ugly as stumps! I do find the Half-Orc with 18 Cha (of course using an item to modify it because everyone knows that any type of Orc is the ugliest one out of the lot) very amusing. He must be able to tell good jokes due to the item.

An arena would be a good way to go with everyone's characters, as long as nobody took it too seriously. Making the rules would be a nightmare though. Taking into account that most of the fighters are going to be wearing the same armour, weilding the same weapons, and getting the same bonus's for the myriad of other items being used. I think I would like to use the Butter Knife of Balduran and have a bunch of rabid chickens help me. AH, the possibilities....

9. [​IMG] Mine is here:
    Rhynn Ness
    Human
    Barbarian
    STR:18/53
    DEX:9
    CON:15
    WIS:13
    INT:11
    CHA:18(with the ring)
    i think thats right. I just started the game, so i have f*cking stuff.
    Merry Christmas, everybody around the world.
    (i think i go and play Empire Earth until everybody arrive to eat)

10. Lord Sarevok Guest

[​IMG] Neldarin
    Assassin/Mage level 13/14
    Human
    Neutral Good
    115 hitpoints(pale green ioul stone, familiar)
    -6 AC
    THACO 8
    25% magic resistance
    x5 backstab

17 strength(19 with girdle)
    18 dexterity
    16 consitution
    18 intelligence
    18 wisdom
    3 charisma

Ok, he's a little ugly....but he kills all!

I had to do practically EVERY damn little quest avalible in chapter 2 to get his old thief skills back, but I'm quite proud of him. Best of all is the great AC! Who needs armor?

Oh he has 95 in lockpick 95 in find traps and 50 in both stealth skills but I just cast shadow door to backstab anyway...

25% magic resistance is from the Ring of Gaxx, Robe of Vecna, and Amulet of Power. This will increase to 35% at the end of the game. He rarley is affected by magic; if it gets through the MR he still gets a +4 bonus to his saving throw from his high wisdom.

He weapons are Belm +2 and Tasheron's Bow +3. He gets 2 attacks per round with each; not bad for a theif.

11. Anaris Gems: 1/31

I tried to make the game harder, so I am playing with a mentally deficient elf.

I am a mage with 5 int.

12. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Assasin/fighter 20 STR, 21 DEX, 18 CON, 12 WIS, 15 INT, 8 CHA. totally legit, LTM machine, dex from elminster in TDD, 1 pt of wisdom lost in the dream. Illthid can't suck me (brain)

[This message has been edited by Corr Raven (edited January 17, 2002).]

13. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My favorite character is Saruman, sorcerer; str: 13 dex: 18 con: 16 int: 17 wis: 13 cha: 17. He doesn't have super stats but he was my yet best character, and I had a lot of fun playing him. In the end he became the most powerful char I ever played.

14. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] To me, you're all roll player and not rollplayer because the only thing you all seem to think about is the stats. Here my fighter, a pure one...

str 16
    dex 15
    con 14
    int 12
    wis 13
    cha 11

and he's the character I enjoy the most!

You just don't need every fucking item to boost your stats. I give him these that because I figure what this character would like with specific weapon. A Katana in the right and and a long sword in the left. Not necessery the celestrial fury with the blade of rose. a katana with a longsword wearing a full plate armor with a helmet fighting for justice since he's lawful good.

So, when you talk that everyone is powergaming throught bg2 and tob, lokk yourself firts

thank you

Chris

15. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

You mean role-player ;)

My favourite generated character to date has been a Wild Mage or a Fighter/Wild Mage (SKed). Stats are mostly average except for INT which is 18. Wild mages, IMHO, makes for great role-playing, due to the wild-surges.

[This message has been edited by Rhythm (edited January 17, 2002).]

16. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Sorry for the spelling mistake but you unterstand what a want to say. They all talk about their roll stats but don't care about the rest.

:)

Chris

17. I once had an overpowered druid of 10 STR, 18 DEX, 16 CON, 10 INT, 18 WIS, and 18 CHA. I know it's not spectacular, but it's probably my best one stat-wise. Still, I scrapped later in favor of a less power-gamey character.

18. Vita Morte Cardios Gems: 2/31

My main character is overpowered, got all the points u got with your overpowered druid but 1 point more :) 17str 18con 18int 18wis and rest were 10. Im a stat fanatic, i wont stop till i get an incredible roll

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I don't know if my chars are overpowered, but here is my fave one: (Oh, and if my char is female, I usually use the same name all the time. A habit :))

Arabwel
    Half-elf
    Assassin, lvl 18

Str: 16
    Dex: 18
    Con: 16
    Int: 18, 17 after the dream
    Wis: 12
    Cha: 8

It took me some time to roll these, but I did it anyway, because my first time thorough, my stats were so crappy that I had to equip all kinds of Stat boosters...

Ara
    (Sniffles, skipping and I've already used this, damn, I hate life, I should just shut up now...)

20. Vita Morte Cardios Gems: 2/31

Hes how i classify my rolls
    3x18+anything is more than usual
    3x18+3 really good
    3x18+4 The most common 'above normal' roll i got
    3x18+6 or more is a roll u wanna stick with, i usually get this after 10mins

And these are implying the rest of ur abilities are '10'

[This message has been edited by Vita Morte Cardios (edited January 20, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Vita Morte Cardios (edited January 20, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.