1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Relationship Rant Thread #4

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Come on peeps, this is getting a bit out of hand. Like Beren said, there's a place for this conversation, and it's not here.

2. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Don't you think you're generalising your situation, Barmy? Though for sure hormones play a major role in any guy's approach to women (don't say it isn't true :p ), not all men are necessarily slaves of them (not saying you are, but you do seem to follow the hedonistic road in this respect). In my "world" casual sex isn't very common and it's not like I don't go out and dance the night away and all. I guess it's just a different mentality...postmodern vs. post-postmodern (yes, a revival of values and no, that's not an official term) or something.

Oh and I don't have any personal woes, the single life suits me just fine.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Uytuun,
    I suggest we then use the phrase 'occasional one night stand' instead of 'casual sex' because that sounds so.... scandalously like, say, having a casual smoke.

As a matter of fact I have edited my previous posts to conform :holy:

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Haha. You've got a lot to learn our kid. Do you masterbate? Course you do, all men do. Why tug the todger when you can get lass to do things with? Do you 'get to know' your hand first? :lol:

I don't really see why Charl. Who are you hurting? It's a personal choice of course, I don't see why you'd deny yourself if you like the look of the guy though. It's like seeing a nice big hot Sunday roast sitting in the dinner table and turning your nose up ;) .

I don't go to bed with just anyone, I have to find them attractive. But there's no reason to turn down someone who's allover you. I'd love to see Taza even in the position, would be hilarious :lol: . He's alright with Mr.s Palm and her 5 lovely children I guess!

The single life suits me fine right as well Uytuun. I'm not interested in a relationship in the slightest, and the girls I've been with recently know that. When the right girl comes a long, I'll settle down in a nice comfy relationship. I'm not looking for that though.

I probably am generalizing a bit. I always do. What I say is usually true though, let's be right! I just say what most people daren't ;) .

Charl knows I love her! As does good old Chevvy Chase. Ragusa seems pretty cool as well. Urithrand understands me and what I mean, he's a sound lad ;) . Taza seems harmless (hah), but he's pretty comical!!

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Again, you don't know that. You only know yourself and the people you know. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that you (and I) can't make generalisations about how billions of other men see the world.

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Barmy, I'd be more inclined to take the moral high ground if I hadn't agreed to have a casual, non-committed relationship with her, then spent the night flirting with someone else.

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    You know casual relationship sounds like an excellent example of a contradictio in terminis to me...

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

well, on to lighter stuff :p

not a rant, but i'm celebrating my 5-year anniversary with my girl this saturday. kinda getting a bit melancholy as this will be our last since she's leaving for the U.S. in August and I'm going to Spain in September.

Maybe I can have a drink with Sydax :beer:

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    I wouldn't worry about that, a bit of flirting is harmless really. I can flirt a lot without realizing I'm doing it, it's all in the eye contact.
    I'm not being funny like, but if she knows you're not bothered about getting serious and are just in this casually, yet still agreed to be with you, what's she got to moan about? She knows the rules, you're not leading her on at all if you told her from the start what the crack is.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'm going to hell. I'm a very bad person.

FInd me a woman without issues, and I'll marry her on the spot.

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I'll have to say that my main vent about my current relationship is the 700 miles between us. Tnhis is actually the second time 'round for us. We dated back between '99-02, problem was that neither one of us admitted we were dating. (all of our friends had long since figured it out)
    So, now that he's in the army, posted 700 miles away from me, we decide we want to officially date.

Oh well, neither one of us are known for taking the easy road.

12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Nah, doesn't exist. Besides, she'd probably turn out to be really boring anyway. :p

13. Lord FOX Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

"Maybe I can have a drink with Sydax" [mmm, beer!]

Drank a few more for me, and say Hello to my little friend there!!!

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    I've fallen in true love. Linsay her name is. She's really cute, and she's got a certain something about her... any guy will know what I'm on about. I'd give her a proper seeing to. The only problem is, she's sister to a girl I snogged weekend before last, and have been sort of seeing... Jesus! It took all the willpower I had to not make a move this Friday when I saw her out looking hot.. Why can't life be easier. I can't tackle both, I'll never get away with it, they're really close... Advice?

[ June 05, 2007, 00:04: Message edited by: Barmy Army ]

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'll let you know when I think of something Barms. got my own rant this time.

Saturday she loves me and "5 years flew by so fast". I don't bring her out monday night and last night and now she's getting all moody on me and "I'm never there for her anymore". Forget that, she should know by now that the guilt trip doesn't work on me when I haven't done anything wrong. I'm gonna go play football tonight.

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I've talked with my ex for a long time, we will remain friends. We had an hour long conversation about the past relation, while it was obvious it didn't work nor can we ever be together again we will keep the friendship. That's a good point methink.

17. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hah, well, my girlfriend (of four months) just broke up with me. Looks like my life will not be getting back to normal like I had been expecting... it's unfortunate, I was just learning how to be happy again.

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    You don't need a relationship to be happy, Saber. Think of all the drama you'll be avoiding this way and all the free time you'll get...really, there are other things in life.

And Barmy, my advice would be to 1) make a clean break with the sister 2) maintain friendly contact with the object of your affection (not too obvious, but keep in touch), but wait for some time to pass before you take it further...and I don't mean two weeks...all depends on how hard the sister takes it of course and 3) Proceed with the previous steps only if you are sure you are ready for a serious thing. ;)

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

No, I know I don't, I just mean... my life was just starting to get back on track from everything, and then she decided to break it off.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I had a one night stand. How uncharacteristic of me. Funny that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.