1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

More missions?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by The Shadow, Jul 14, 2001.

1. The Shadow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well near the end for the third time and I am wondering are there any missions I missed.
    I've done the unseeing eye quest and the ones for the temples, also I've done many in the docks district and I have killed kangaxx. as well I have got the staff of magi, the planar sphere a few trade meet ones.
    I know this is very vague but I just don't want to miss any items. So my point is are there any rare items that many people miss or are not too commonly known.

2. Jander Sunstar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think I understand what you mean, quests which you normally do not come up with. Ok here is two that I know of.
    1. Have a Rogue Stone equipped in your inventory and go to the bridge district. Find the building where you killed one of the Liches for the Kangaxx quest. There are two doors into that building one goes to the lich and the other goes into another dimension IF you have the rogue stone. Here, there is a Staff of the Magi (greatest staff I've seen, I won't tell you its powers and spoil the fun of identifying it)But beware there are tough enemies so leave it for the later stages.
    2. Whenever I did this I was always in the bridge district so I do not know if it works anywhere as well. Cast limited Wish and wish for an adventure you've never had before, wait for a short while and you'll have your new quest (a boring one).

3. The Shadow Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Thanks for replying but to tell you the truth I've done the top one and the second one I've done before and you're right to say it's boring but thanks anyway I almost didn't expect a reply

4. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you'd like to skim a list of quests to see if you've missed some, I've got one at www.geocities.com/bigorrin/amn.htm -- just a listing of the quests, no spoilers or help (for those you should consult a walkthrough instead).

I haven't finished adding the last chapters, but it should have everything in the Athkatla area for you.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh, no!

I asked one of our friends here on the boards to do that list... I didn't know that it already exists...

Err, btw, why didn't you put duel with Gorf the Squisher with Mazzy if you take her to Slums District?

[Edit]

Ahh, sorry, I just spot that you put that one in fun things to do...

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 15, 2001).]

6. Silvershade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

You probably know of this already but there is a *spoiler* Horn of Valhalla in the Bridge District which can summon a 5th level Berserker once per day. You can later upgrade the horn twice to make it more powerful.
    You can find it in a house behind a guy who sells fish (right from Saerk's house).

7. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Extremist, if your friend wants to use my list to help his along, he's welcome to. It's not copyrighted or anything--I just did it for fun because me and my friends were starting new games to take through to ToB and we wanted to make sure we didn't miss anything the others had discovered. If that makes sense. (-:

(And yeah, the thing with Gorf was small enough that I just included it in the "fun things to do" section, along with mercenaries to pick fights with and so forth. (-: )

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ok, ok, point taken.

The fact is that noone on these boards actually posted a list of ALL sub-quests (without main musttodo and stronghold ones).
    I'd do it, however I didn't have old game saves and I can't remember it all.
    Besides that list would include only ONE description text line per each quest, so at least we would see how many sub-quests in the game actually exist.

And now, all thing becomes obsolete... Or maybe not?

9. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Heh. Well, I just added the Mazzy-ogre thing anyway, because there are two ways of solving it, so I guess it could fairly get classed as a quest.

I'm not completely sure what you're wishing for. I think the reason no one has a list of "all" quests in the game is that at some level everyone has to decide what counts as a "quest" or not. Mazzy accepts a duel with an ogre, and you have to decide how to handle it. Is that a quest? There is a tough in the Copper Coronet who challenges you to a fight, and you can accept or decline. Is that a quest? In the Bridge District there's a house with nothing in it but some hostile adventurers to fight. Is that a quest? Is every combat in the game a quest? Where do you draw the line?

Everyone who writes a walkthrough or quest list has a different opinion of these questions. For my part, I classed something as a "quest" if you had to actually do something to resolve it, not just defend yourself from attack; if there was actually some kind of resolution there, not just an extended conversation with a passerby; and if it wasn't a necessary component of a larger quest I'd already logged. Other people could make other, equally good definitions of what is a "quest" or not. For my part, since I included all the encounters I deemed non-quests in the area guide, I'm not too concerned about it.

If you want to know how many quests there were by my definition, it's been 78 through Chapter 6. Many more if you count the additional combats and conversations from my area guide.

--L

10. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

ACtually there were two things that happened to me in BG2 that seemed to imply that there were missions that I missed out on, and was never able to find.

The first happened when Mazzy was fighting the Ogre in the Copper Coronet, there was a guy standing towards the back, near the ascending staircase that was named "something the alchmist" I didn't bother talking to him at the time but later when I found the Ogre Alchemy bottle ( http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000471.html ) I went back to talk to him, and he was gone. I never ran into him again in any of my other games.

The second was in the temple district, I just talked to some random priestess (I think outside the Lathander temple) and the conversation seemed to start in the middle of something, and one of my conversation options was "Tell me about the missing priests" Of course I didn't select that, becuase I wasn't aware of any missing priests and figured I should start the quest at the beginning of whatever it was, but I never got that option again... so strange.
    Could that one have been part of the unseeing eye quest?

11. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Artechoke:

The alchemist was there to provide an alternate way to take out that ogre, if you didn't trust Mazzy to do it. If Mazzy already killed the ogre, there's nothing else he's good for that I know of.

And yeah, the missing priests were from the Unseeing Eye quest... they mean the priests who got sucked into the Eyeless Cult.

[This message has been edited by tjekanefir (edited July 15, 2001).]

12. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Damnit Extremist! :mad:
    And I I have been busting my nice little ass of to make that list!!! AAARRGH! :D
    oh,well...... I can always complete the list anyway...
    -------------
    I´ll post it as soon as I can. (Although it will take a while since I´m going to Bulgaria for two weeks. I´ll get back to it when I´m back. ;)

[This message has been edited by Zaragoth (edited July 16, 2001).]

13. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Sorry Zaragoth--didn't know you were looking for a quest list before, or I would have pointed you towards mine earlier, at least to save you a little work by using it as a starting point.

You're welcome to crib from/check against it, and/or my area guide, if it helps...

L

14. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Did you do the Firkraag quest or the Umar Hills quest? If not then go! there are good items like Carsomyr +5 to acquire.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.