1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things you love and hate about where you live.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

And I've heard that in some more concentrated locations, the women outnumber the men by a fair margin. I've heard 7 to 1 in some areas of Alberta...

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ok, to clear some things up...

At this point, there's about a 50% split between Mormon and non-Mormon girls here...the Mormon girls are just raised to BREED! :bigeyes: You actually have to work to get one of the non-Mormon girls... You only need to have just enough corruption skills to get some tail from your typical Mormon lass. :evil: :p

Oh, and one more thing I hate about Utah:
    The raising costs of houses, education, and everything in general, and yet the minimum wage is still a measly $5.15! :bang:

One good thing, if you have skis or a snowboard, there are dozens of ski resorts; if you have a four-wheeler, dirt bike, or any other ATV, there are dozens of trails and places to go; if you have a boat, jet ski, or 'seadoo', there are plenty of lakes/reservoirs to go to; if you have a huge rocket to launch or a rocket car to test, there's the Salt Flats; if you have a para-sail or hang glider, there's a hill/cliff that's perfect for that sort of thing 20 minutes away.

Unfortunately, I have none of the above toys. :sosad: :rolling:

3. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Ok, first understand that I live with my parents while I'm attending a nearby university (Old Dominion if you care). That said, and the fact that I have no money, I don't have much choice over where I live at the moment.

umm, thinking, umm
    malls for games and movies, but I guess just one would do (we have ~6 or 7)
    said university (with in-state tuition)
    umm, I think that's it

Dislikes:
    Traffic
    No one knows how to drive in rain WHEN WE GET IT ~1/3 OF ALL DAYS IN THE YEAR!!!!
    People other than my girlfriend
    No such thing as winter
    No one knows how to drive in ice/sleet/snow (though I can understand this as we onlyg get it ~1/4 of all winters and then only for a day or two)
    High humidity in summer (with heat to boot, 90 F and 90% humidity)
    Insects (especially mosquitos and cockroaches, but even worse is the Palmello Bug!(sp))
    Traffic
    Chaotic road planning
    Terrible road maintinence
    Crime
    News (though I guess that's everywhere these days)
    No forests, seriously, the closest thing we have to a forest is the Great Dismal Swamp. Yes, that's what it's actually called. And that wouldn't be too bad if it weren't too far away.
    No room for canoeing, fishing, camping, skiing, umm, actually, no room for even buildings anymore
    Traffic
    Sun's too bright and rain's too short
    Not enough thunderstorms (I love thunder)
    Hurricanes
    Traffic
    Have I said traffic yet?

Alas, Carole makes it all worth while, but I can't wait to get out of here.
    "Get me out of this hell hole."~poor miners from BG

4. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Vienna, Austria (No kangaroos, alps)

Good
    -Food (mmmm...schnitzel)
    -public transportation
    -Good booze
    -nice bars
    -safe at night (No really, I am the baddest thing around after midnight)
    -drinking age: 16 (well, old enough to look over the bar)

Bad
    -Austrians
    -Austrian women
    -Dog crap on the streets
    -Old austrians ( especially the women)

end notes: This topic made two things clear to me: that austrians are ruining austria, and that being 16 in austria rocks

5. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Vancouver

+ Best weather in Canada. Never too cold, never too hot.
    + Environment. There's beaches/lakes for water sports, trees/trails for hiking and camping, mountains/snow for skiiing and snowboarding - all in the same city
    + Minimal pollution. The sky is still blue :D
    + Multicultural (people, food, events)

Dislikes
    - People not too social, or they mind their own business a bit too much.
    - Having to drive everywhere. You don't see lots of people walking on the main streets unless you're in the really urban areas.
    - Drugs, marijuana problems
    - Racism, explicit or not

[ March 29, 2006, 04:53: Message edited by: Blog ]

6. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Likes-
    Quiet and peaceful
    Black night sky at night (in the city area it's grey, yuk!)
    Countryside
    Big Shopping complex :D

Dislikes-
    Barely any infrastructure
    Expensive Private transport
    Far away from my school

It's not the same as Canberra. :(

7. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Great food
    Large varieties of alcohol (stouts, beers, ales, largers, whiskey, creams etc)
    Real Irish pubs (not the pale immations that most of the people on BoM are used to)
    Very multi-cultural
    Strong Irish culture
    Tons of history from our ancient tombs (Newgrange), ancient capitals (Emain Macha) right through to the Norman invasion (Castles and Forts).
    100% broadband coverage
    Beautiful scenery
    Excellent nightlife
    Real Irish music
    Very multi lingual country

Dislikes:

Spides (chaves)
    Disrespectful tourists
    Uncultured idiots that try to recreate their own country when they move to N.Ireland
    N.I. politics
    Cities are crap but at least most have nice fortifications

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.