1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #57

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I got absolutely pelted with snow balls one evening a few weeks ago on the way back from the pub by some of my friends, instead of retaliating I made a few snow balls put them in the freezer and will get them back in July when they are least expecting it!

Thoughts anyone, am I being too cruel?

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    @Ballrock: yes, something is very wrong... where's Torment? If you add that one too you can then impress your friends with what an IE guru you are :grin:

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @DotW: Once upon a time that was normal. People who posted on SP were from all kinds of IE-related communities, eventually ending up here. That, and we also had people primarily active on other big boards post here from time to time.

4. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

@Ziad, alas, but Torment I have not. I do have NWN and TEE, but find them cumbersome to play and haven't gotten much past the tutorials. :(

[ January 08, 2006, 14:45: Message edited by: Brallrock ]

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Why is that, Brallrock?

6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I guess I am just too used to the older style interface, and haven't gotten the hang of how to do things with all the circles and such. I guess it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Besides you can't cheat as much with NWN and TEE. :D

7. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Maybe not ToEE, but NwN...? It uses an similar cheating system as that of the IE games, and you must certainly can cheat everything from items to exp and gold in NwN :p :rolling: . But I guess ToEE may seem both slow and difficult to one used to IE interface and style ;) .

Oh, and shame on you if you uses anything but hotkeys to handle NwN :D .

8. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I'm feeling testiclic today. :rolling:

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Drgfly - A bite of chocolate, let it melt, then a bite of cheese curl. It's not like I dip my fries in my milkshakes or anything. :eek: :outta:

I bet my tree is dead. :money:

10. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Crud, I'm sick. I don't ever get sick. Something must be wrong with me.

11. olimikrig

Media:
    Lol, if ye' be sick then something is wrong with ye'... otherwise you wouldn't be "sick" :p :outta:

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Morning. *gets the :coffee: out*

I wish my brain could just Stop Thinking.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

school again tomorrow..

anyway, what a night last night :rolleyes:

I was at a swimming party (had no intention of swimming) when some drunk (and bigger and stronger) friends decided I needed to swim too, so they took my phone and wallet and half-carried/half-dragged me to the pool. I grabbed the only thing I could: a think tree covered in xmas lights. The lights weren't lit so I figured it was safe.

It was like I missed a page. last thing I knew, I was screaming that I didn't want to go into the water with my arms wrapped around the tree, suddenly I feel pain coursing through my body, next thing I know I'm in the water already :/

Got some scratches on my arm and a small wound on my face from the electrecution, I'm alive so it's now pretty funny and a good story to tell :rolleyes:

The kicker? While I was dazed by the shock I (apparently) placed my phone back in my pocket. So when I went for a second dive since I was already wet, my phone messed up. I'm going to see if it can still be fixed, but I don't know... It's a Nokia 6020 and it was only 9months old :bang:

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

My tree was alive and not diseased. :banana:

I'm hungry.

15. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

It's incredible what a hot shower can do for anyone.

/me feels drowsy... :sleep:

16. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Enag you mean you don't have insurance for your phone :eek:

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Nokias suck. :rolleyes:

Wait, I have four of those. Guess they don't suck that much. :D

If you don't have any extra warranty, then eBay is your best bet, because water damage isn't covered by the manufacturer's warranty, sadly.

18. Arabwel

Media:
    Hmm, the neighbourss are making a lot of s trange noises. I do so hope that there are no axes involved....

19. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

You have dwarves living next door then ? :lol:

20. Arabwel

Media:
    No, but last weekend someone was killed with an axe (and another guy is supposedly still critical) not too far from here. *shakes head*

I live is SUCH an idyllic little town! :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.