1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worst Character Class?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Muskstick, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    I've soloed all the Bards in SoA, and the Jester is the most interesting solo of them all. (Though not the strongest.)

By just casting invisibility + Spell Immunity:Divination (or klling any mage who can cast a divining spell beforehand) my song was enough to kill just about every enemy group I came up against. (Confusion = enemies kill themselves. If a confused creature hits an ally, his ally - confused or no - will retaliate and will kill the confused creature even when its no longer confused.)
    I think it's because I noticed one thing about the song - it seems to pierce magic resistance. (Yes, it works wonderfully against everything that can't see invisible characters. Greater Malison isn't needed too much - you can sing enough for three days under invisibility, and surely your quarry has already failed their saves far more than once by then.)

I contrast to the post above, my Jester (or all my other solo Bards, for that matter) was already strong enough to potentially take out Firkraag a few hours after he got out of Irenicus dungeon - see link above for reasons why.

To take out more powerful creatures, I do routine - Tenser's Transformation = Fighter of the same level, and other buff spells, a few clicks on an item and a few summons.

If you think the Bards aren't worth much, know at least that a level 20 Bard can transform himself into a level 20 fighter - so you have a fighter+Bard(who can use and do just about anything) package all in one.

2. Muskstick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Alright thanks everyone, i think beastmaster or true druid seems to be the way to go, ill let you all know how its going.

3. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Swashbucklers on their own suck but they have very good ac and hit bonus then other theives, and there very good dual classed into a fighter

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Druids ! they suck big time imo

5. Muskstick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm not sure about that, i've played with an avenger before, and that was fairly easy, why are pure druids so much worse?

6. Tronak el Karbaro Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Any character class can be the worst depending on how you play it. But being a Beastmaster is TRULY a challenge,you better die in despair than completing the game!

7. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Beastmaster can only use club (so much for your dual-wielding options), staff, crossbow, longbow, shortbow, and sling, and can only wear leather armor. This is bad enough in a party, has got to suck rocks solo! The familiar is a plus, but it hardly outweighs the minuses. The earlier Animal Summoning spells are useless, IMHO -- you are still getting them later than a druid, which means they will always be outclassed by your opposition. Even if you use them as meatshields, well, since you get no wisdom bonuses, I hope you like cheese and resting a lot....

Wizardslayers can only use magic weapons, magic armor, and healing potions, which means besides your Bhaalspawn powers, you're SOL! Being able to stop spellcasters -- assuming you can close with them fast enough -- won't help much if you're soloing against opposition that does its damage without casting spells. Even a vanilla fighter would still be able to use other magic items and potions to even the odds -- but not you....

I used to think less of Jesters, but I've had some fun with one in my evil multiplayer party, and I haven't even had to use cheese! :D But even solo, I think he'd have a better shot than the beastmaster or wizardslayer....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.