1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

playing to completion?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by the assassin, Oct 4, 2002.

1. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Am I obsessed with doing things to completion, or am I crazy to complete all of the quests in the game? Ive reached the XP cap and I feel like im just dragging on. Im wondering if I should get ToB inorder to get to higher levels legit.

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] Whoa man. Why do you feel compelled to complete every quest. If you do that, it's not gonna be very fun to play it twice, thrice... and so on. One great thing about this game is it's playability, but dont go extreme. Just go finish the game. Install ToB and keep going. Expierience just makes the game easier. Do you really want the game to be easy?

3. Solidude Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Nothing wrong with trying to explore the whole world...

Are you positive you want to stay "legit"??

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Relay I always complete all the quests on all my games :(

I find it fun every time :grin:

5. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

That must be tedious. I also always want to complete the game, but I feel too tired to do everything. In my last game, I found every magical item possible, but I will probably never do that again. In fact, my journal for quests was empty at the end, and the completed quest was full, except for that stupid paladin quest that was uncompleteable.

6. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Do it. Finish all of the quests, and show them all, then you can smack anone around with your mighty quest items, high levels, and millions of dollars! BWAHAHA!

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well I would recommend that you get the XP cap remover which you can find on this site, sure some people see it as cheating but I think it is nice to be really powerful especially since you earn it. If you think that isnt legit enough for you get ToB :)

8. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think I have competed almost all quest during the 7 times I finished the game. But itsvery hard to get all strongholds and stuff without playing real many times.

9. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

The first time I play a game I usually don't do all quests and such, but the second time I always try to do everything possible and get every cool magic weapon in the game.

10. Camlan Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I did every possible quest the first time I played through SoA. Now there are always a couple of quests I skip, mostly those that haven't got interesting items (I think I'm getting lazy :p )

11. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Legit all the way!! i also like to get ALL the items. i never did the Anomen quests. they just seemed useless, like the way i see him

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Am I the only one who likes Anomen?

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No, you're not the only one.
    Once I've let him to level up a bit (and later removed his earkilling voice setting :grin: ), I'd add him to the party always!

True he is not awsome fighter as Korgan nor is awsome cleric as Viccy. But he never died on me and was in front line!

If sacrifice of the nerves for his annoying pompous behavior is a price to pay for having this tank in my party, I'm paying it!

On the other hand, popular Keldorn...

Anyone thinks Keldorn is like Britney? Although sucks, everyone still adds him to the party? ;)

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] lol

actually - everyone at school likes her new song

I still don't find Anomen annoying - his dialogs and voiceset aren't annoying to me (then again, what I put up with...)

I have about 3 out of 7 parties with Anomen in

15. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I've got nothing wrong with playing the game throughly, but I never do every single little quest in games like these. Even when I say to myself, "You're gonna do these damn quests if it kills you", I still get bored and never end up doing them. Second, a little off topin, but oh well. Does anyone think they set the XP cap a touch to low? I reached the cap just in time to fight Irenicus. What about solo? You'd reach it halfway through chapter 4! No fun. I think they shoud've max it out at, oh say, lvl 25 at least!

16. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

First off, I really like Anomen, because every time he talks I find myself reminded of Monty Python...
    Second, Is it really possible to totally complete the game the first time? I mean, really and truly since you can't technically do all the stronghold quests with just your one character, right?
    And third, see now I feel wimpy with my level 17 sorceror *kicks foot*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.