1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #30

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Jaguar; you are evil.

Then again, I am at 68K which means I am ot half as screwed as many of my esteemed collagues :D

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I had a bad night last night, you see I left the cake out in the rain on the starboard bow starboard bow starboard bow Jim shouting Lager Lager Lager Lager and decided to run it up the flagpole and see who salutes but no one ever does. Then I was going to clean my room but I got high and now I get knocked down but I get up again you're never gonna keep me down and now like Kurosawa I make mad films, okay I don't make films but if I did they'd have a samurai. I think I'm just going to have to strap myself in the bed, put a bulletproof vest on and shoot myself in the head. ;) :nuts: :banana: :nuts: :banana: :nuts: :banana:

3. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

great now I am going even more insane.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I hear that's quite a ride!

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I haven't posted in one of these since probably about number 27... I'm falling behind..

Anyway, I've sent my first screenshots in for SotW :D

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    What do you mean by that? I hope that you only imply an upgrade, and not the deletion of the BoM! :eek:

I have turkey on the brain tonight! :xx: :rolling:

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I never thought turkkey and brains went together particularily well; just use a regular plate, Kit, and be happirt for it :D

8. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

did you know, the full name of Bangkok is actually,

from wikipedia

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I know what Tal's doing. He is a student right? Well he never said (to me) what kind of student is.

Now, my theory is that Tal is a psychology student, and SP is a part of his master's. You see, Tal is doing studies on how withdrawal can effect a person's sanity. That's why there is the occasional 'system down time'. There was never really was a reason why they were down. He was just gauging our responses, seeing how we'd react. Eventually, the 'system down times' will get longer and longer, allowing Tal to gather data, and complete his studies.

Even the overhaul of the site was just another ploy to dig into the human psyche. Tal was seeing how we'd react to change. Oh, he's a crafty one.

I theorize that BTA is in on it too. BTA is probably Tal's financial backer, using the results from the studies to sell products (what kind I am not sure). The donations were not necessary, they were just another study to see how many people will part with their money to support a supposed 'community'. Now, I don't think that Beren was involved (he is too kind), but I believe that Catbert is Tal's teacher.

Now the question is, what are you going to do now Tal? Now that I have uncovered your nefarious plot. Now that we all know. Now that we will no longer be your puppets. Now that we will no longer be some stepping stones on your path to success.

What are you going to do now?

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Next we'll see Jag's post mysteriously been lost in a forum stuff up, and Jag's IP address acidently appearing on the ban list. Just wait...

11. Gavin de Valge Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@Jaguar:
    :nono:
    You have spoiled my poor excuse for a novel about SP! Now I must retreat into my basement for a year, undergo sleep deprivation and start making voodoo dolls of all of the SPers. Then, after I have lost my head completely, I will start to do "random" things to the dolls. If I am especially kind to you, I will only strap your doll to a canteloupe and throw it into a toilet. If not, well...it may be better not to say :evil: .

12. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Does anyone ever get banned from SP? (Do do they just get humiliated a la RPGCodex?)

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Oh my god! Does that mean what I think it means?

Thank you Aldazar now I have born Slippy in my head! Shouting Lager lager lager!

:banana:

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Yes, people have gotten banned. Eze, for one. I think Shura's been banned before too, or at least had a close call.

Today's easily becoming my FUBAR day of the month.

- Forgot my keys tonight, so couldn't go home to my own bed. Had to crash at a friend's. Thin blanket, no pillow and well ... a matrass so shoddy, FUBAR doesn't begin to describe it.
    - Terrariumlamp broke, temperature was 15 degrees celcius in it. Around 10 my pets would fall asleep and never wake up again. I had to put my easily overheating readinglamp in it just to get it to 21 degrees. (should be 30 in there)
    - Had to race on my bike to get at school on time. On the way, as I'm biking past another biker, a car races by tooting his horn aggressively. I made a motion of "WTF?" and he decides to pull over for a good old fashioned argument with possibilities of a fist fight. I decided that I'd definetely be late if I got into that, so I flipped him the finger and drove on, only to find out that college had been cancelled.
    - Found out I got a 5.2 for an exam. I need 0.3 points more to pass. A total of 12 students passed, out of a 130.

And it's barely 12AM. :bang:

15. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Wow, that sucks. But it's life. BOHICA sounds more like your day.

16. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] It's time for lunch! Faragon relax! The day is not over yet! The sun will shine for you from now on! Oh Wait a sec it's freeziong outside here in Breda...

My radiator (Damn thats not how you write it :S) isn't working ;(

[ November 27, 2004, 22:04: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

17. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

I'm tired,
    The better half has an eye infection so we had to wake up every other hour and give her eye drops.
    (The alternative being, according to the eye surgeon, the chance of severely damaged vision)
    The dogs got an ear infection so I had to get up again at 5am this morning to put drops into his ears as he was going mental shaking his head from side to side. I got the wrong drops for him last night and put Emma's eye drops in his ears. Ah well, it's all antibiotics.

Weekend only 5 hours away, time for lunch.
    Kebab anyone?

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, I have just finished my last piece of public accounting work. Now all I have to do is put in another 2.75 hours of time and I am officially unemployed (until December 1st that is :) ).

19. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I love my schedule. I've got a four day weekend every week. It's wonderful. What's not so wonderful is the fact that I have to get a ton of assignments done for next week.

I hate this time of year. Too much stress, not enough fun.

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Lots of sleep, but interrupted. Makes me sort of well-rested in terms of sleep, although somewhat exhausted for the inconvenience. Perhaps I should cut a nap right now like my cat (the phat cat) is currently doing, notwithstanding the cup of coffee that I have recently had.

I've got myself an orange ribbon and I'm wearing it on my coat all the time. Go Yushchenko! Down with Yanukovych! Election cheaters belong behind the bars. The Ukrainians deserve finally to get some real freedom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.