1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Words for the Workplace

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Carcaroth, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Don't think these have been posted before, (didn't appear on a search anyway) but you may have had the email.

Any of them ring any bells?

BLAMESTORMING:
    Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.

SEAGULL MANAGER:
    A manager, who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves.

ASSMOSIS:
    The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.

SALMON DAY:
    The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die in the end.

CUBE FARM: An office filled with cubicles.

PRAIRIE DOGGING:
    When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop up over the walls to see what's going on.

MOUSE POTATO:
    The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato.

SITCOMS:
    Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What yuppies turn into when they have children
    and one of them stops working to stay home with the kids.

STRESS PUPPY:
    A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and whiney.

SWIPEOUT:
    An ATM or credit card that has been rendered useless because the magnetic strip is worn away from extensive use.

IRRITAINMENT:
    Entertainment and media spectacles that are annoying but you find yourself unable to stop watching them. The O.J. trials were a prime example.

PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE:
    The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.

OHNOSECOND:
    That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made a BIG mistake

CROP DUSTING:
    Surreptitiously farting while passing thru a cube farm and then enjoying the sounds of dismay and disgust.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *sniggle*

well, I am a mouse poetato; I'vwe been saying that for years now.... :D

And anyone daring to dcall me a stress puppy qwill gwt themselves severely trouted.

3. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

mmm... Images of being hit round the face with a wet fish.

:banana:

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Wow, those are pretty good.

5. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

:D :D :D

They're great!

Especially BLAMESTORMING and CROP DUSTING.

:D :D :D

6. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I am a devout mouse potato, constant source of irritainment, and master of percussive maintenance... Now, lets see of a random person can make sense of it... *switches to RL* :p

:borg:

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I love prairie dogging because I've seen it in action!

8. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

That's the most accurate description of my boss, that I've ever seen. :D

9. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Hahaha. Nice one!

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I've done a lot of Blamestorming my self! It's realy cool as long they don't pick you to blame!

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That sounds like my time card at work...I've gone throgh 3 of them since I've worked there. :rolling:

12. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.