1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Burger king Vs. McDonalds

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by SleepleSS, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
  2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Has anyone tried those new Chicken Selects McDonald's just introduced with that Buffalo chicken sauce?

Sealed the BK vs. McD war instantly...they were heavenly.

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

trivia
    Founder of Wendy's Dave Thomas also is the person who opened the first Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

We used to have a national company that actually competed with Mc Donalds a few years back. This was called 'Georgie Pie' and believe it or not but they specaised in pies. They made damn good pies. I miss Georgie Pie. Curse Mc Donalds for buying them out and turning all the Georgie Pies into Mc Donalds.

5. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm always amazed when i'm in Mickey D's or Burger King and someone orders huge meal deals then ask for diet coke for a drink.

If I had to choose. Flame Broiled tastes better so BK.

Then again if I pass a Taco Bell its a Grilled Stuffed Chicken Burrito and supreme Nachos and one of the new Green Mountain Dews. yummy!

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm pretty sheltered here, only got Macca's, Hungry Jacks (BK in poor disguise), Red Rooster and KFC. We have a Wendy's in town but it only does Ice-creams and hotdogs.

I've worked in RR so I won't eat there, nkowing what it's like, I love KFC's Hot N Spicy chicken but it's not permanent like up in Queensland, I usually only eat the Bacon Deluxe from Hungry's and if I'm on a real health-inhibiting kick I only get the Quarter Pounder/Double Quarter Pounder from Macca's if I can make them get me a fresh-made one.

But out of the two initially in question, and if I had to make the coice, I'm like many who've responded - Hungry's for the burger, Macca's for the fries.

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Their pies were disgusting! There were no meat at all inside them! The only good thing about Georgie Pie (apart from being a NZ thing, and competing with McD) was their playgrounds! :D

BK stands well above McD imo. They offer much better quality food (atleast they do here in NZ), apart from their watered down drinks - but that's fine, as they have free refills which are great if you're really thirsty. Oh, and their icecreams are cheaper!

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We never go to MD's. We have even brainwashed our child into fearing the food from that place. The only fast food place we occasionally eat is Wendys. Unfortunatly we are very good cooks at home so really all of those places are equivalent to eating saw dust.

If I'm going to eat junkfood I'd rather order a roasted chicken pizza from Domino's.

9. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

@Rotku
    Did you ever try their apple pies? Godsends I tell you! Godsends!

Still, BK fast food will always be a step above Mc Donalds. However BK doesn't offer the whole Mc Cafe and salad things.

But both are nothing compared to Wendy's.

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

All of you can now stop bickering. I have arrived and, having eaten at enough fast food places to graft myself to my computer chair, can tell all.

Burgers - Wenty's or A&W
    Fries - A&W or KFC
    Any Desert - Dairy Queen
    Full Meals - Burger King
    Speed - McDonalds
    Price - McDonalds

But if you want artery clogging, life ending, mass heart attack quantity, go to McDonalds. In some locations they serve a burger so massive it is nameless. If you order a Double Big Mac, you get a burger with 4 patties. You can also add the feature double the beef, which was meant to be used on smaller burgers to upgrade them. This will get you the amazing Double Big Mac with double the beef. An astounding EIGHT patties on one bun.

You want to off yourself slowly, this is the way to go.

Of course, as of late, I have been watching what I have been eating. So I rarely eat fast food now. Maybe once a week. And then off the healthy menu.

11. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

BK! The Whoppers alone are worth the price o' admission.

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Georgie Pie was brilliant, if only because you could get food for only $1.

Anyway, since reading "Fast Food Nation" I have neither set foot in nor eaten a thing from either MacDonalds or Burger King (shiver.....).

13. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'll put my 2 cents in for Georgie Pie. $2 Seafood pies were my favourite. And nothing could beat the 95 cent steak and cheese.

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

15. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

BK, MacD and all other fast-food burger **** "resturants" SUCK. Enough said.

16. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

A Double Big Mac? With double meat?! Eight patties!?! :eek: Where in the world can you get THAT? Cause I'd like to get one. (Just to see it, not to eat it) That is a LOT of meat. Never thought I'd say this, but too much meat.

17. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

McDonalds is the kind of food I just can't seem to eat. It appears they have salads though... BK, never got to try it in the first place. I mean, duh, I live in Belgium, let's say it's not on the country's menu... We, on the other hand, have 'Quick' fastfood. It's some Belgian hamburger chain that is only residented in... well... Belgium and France, and maybe Holland. I mysteriously like that chain and not the Mac. Must be the meat, although meat from the Netherlands is not meat of the highest reputation, if I may state this. Oh, well...

18. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Nizi, you apparently didn't read the posts, since they even reached Lebanon, unless that person lied in his from field.

19. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Okay Jaguar, today I'm gonna go to McDonalds today and see if I can get a double Big Mac, I'm trying to get 4 or more beef patties in one burger.

20. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you want a really good fast food burger, Fuddruckers is the place to go. Unfortunately for some of you, they seem to only be located in North America.

They aren't cheap, but the burgers, the buns (they bake their own fresh), and the fries are the best! Plus, you can top them in whatever way you like from the condiment bar that includes lettuce, onion, pickles, sweet pickle relish, hot peppers, salsa, ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, mayo, cheese sauce, etc. Just thinking of it is making my mouth water and my stomach grumble. :D

If it comes down to choosing between the two big international burger chains, I'd have to choose Burger King burgers and McFries (and have done just that in the past ;) ).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.