1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Bath or Shower

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Hugo, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Okay people, over some thoroughly dumb remarks in the FAI tonight, I have dedided to make this little poll: do you prefer to bathe or shower when it is time to de-grime.
    :borg:

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 56 user(s) have voted.

Poll Results: Bath or Shower (56 votes.)

So, if you have the time and facilities, do prefer to take a bath, or a shower (Choose 1)
    * Bath please - 14% (8)
    * Shower if you will - 77% (43)
    * Something foolishly not mentioned - 5% (3)
    * Neither. I smell real bad - 4% (2)

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Shower: Its quick and efficient leaving you with more time to do the things you want to do whilst being clean at the same time :)

3. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Nothing more relaxing than a bath with lots of bubbles, candles, a good book, and all the time in the world to soak your troubles away. :love:

4. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Depends entirely on my mood - if I'm stressed and need to relax, it's a bath. If I haven't much time or need to wake up, I'll have a shower.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Shower. Baths are just a hassle.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bath with a detachable shower-head to wash my hair. I like baths with lots of good smelling bubbly fizzy stuff. I have to agree with DH there.
    Maybe its a girl thing.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

When you have a bath, you just end up sitting in your own dirty water so you don't get clean.

8. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@Dragonfly - hardly - I prefer bathing myself if I have the time, taking in a book and a pot of tea or some cold beer depending on the weather.
    I only shower/bathe at night before going to bed so there is hardly a need for me to *wake up* then, however most of the time it's a shower because it's much quiker and I'm a busy guy (read: obsessed hyperactive computer addict :) )
    @Harbourboy: good point actually - but our bath has a detachable shower head, good for cleaning yourself after taking a bath :confused: that sounds weird.
    :borg:

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Shower, so much easier than waiting all that time for the water to fill the bath, and most baths are too small anyway :mad: I want to stretch out I end up with my feet over the taps.

10. Fiatil Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Shower. I don't have nearly enough time in the morning to take a bath, and it's a waste of time anyways. I have a hottub for when I need to relax, less of a hassle. Also, I'm 6'4", and I don't fit in the bathtub very well, shower's just all around easier for me.

[ August 16, 2004, 05:42: Message edited by: Fiatil ]

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Shower. Fast and gets your clean. I can also shave in the shower (tough facial skin, never managed to cut myself even though I can't see what I'm doing...). However when I stay with my girlfriend we share a bath, saves water (at least that's how I have convinced her :D )

12. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

I think you need about four times the water of an average shower session if you bathe. Don't let you friend read this, Abomination :D

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I don't fit in my tub. What's a guy over 6 feet to do. Plus, like Harbourboy said, who wants to bathe in their own filth?

Now a hot chick giving you a sponge bath...

(Or the other way around I suppose)

14. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

A shower... (havent taken a bath in a bathtub for years)

Reasons:
    bathing in hot water slows your sperm production
    cleaning yourself in a bath is not as good as in a shower, because in a bath the water will be contaminated with your filth (lol that sounds a bit extreme but still...)
    showering is quicker
    bath tubs are too small for me (6'0)

15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

When all I want to do is de-grime, or perhaps if a need a shave as well, there's nothing better than a quick shower, less water wasted.

On the other hand, I do enjoy a good soak in a bath if I'm just in the mood to relax and soak. mind you, I haven't had a bath in some years now, it's been showers all the way. May explain partly why I'm so stressed.

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If I just could remember what I answereed last time, I could quote it to save trouble. ;)

Shower, since I have never really got used to bathing and running water is far better than stale.

17. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Exactly what Sniper said. Shower, because it leaves more time for other stuff.

18. Sirus Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Shower. Because I just like 'em better.

19. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I shower.

[ August 19, 2004, 16:42: Message edited by: reepnorp ]

20. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A long hot shower is wonderful. If I'm going in for something other than cleansing, then we have a nice whirlpool tub that seats two or I can actually lie down with most of my body in the water if I fold myself correctly. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.